HELP: Graphics card recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Graphics card recomendations

Any recommendations on a graphics card with a built-in TV-tuner that will offer me decent 2D/3D performance, and DVD output to a TV that's at least at par with VHS (and at full screen)?

Didn't I read some where that the latest V3 (spit spit) has all that, it's the V3 3500 TV

erm, review to be found...<A HREF=”http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/v33500tv/default.asp”target=_new>here</A>...

Hope that worked...

Cheers

Lukey
    Lukey
    ========
    PII333@412(4x100+T), 128MB PC100, ABIT BE6, G20016MB+V2SLI, SBLive, 19" Sony GST, 56K USR

"Follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals, I am living proof...beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!"

Comment

If that damn link don't work for you either (damn this HTML malarky!) the link is:
      http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...tv/default.asp

There ya go....
      Lukey
      ========
      PII333@412(4x100+T), 128MB PC100, ABIT BE6, G20016MB+V2SLI, SBLive, 19" Sony GST, 56K USR

"Follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals, I am living proof...beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!"

Comment

There's 2....

Both of them I will display... after that I'll go wash my mouth with soap again

Asus V3800 TVR TNT-2 32mb AGP + TV-Out/Vid-in

Asus V3800 TVR Ultra TNT-2 32mb AGP + TV-Out/Vid-in

Both are more expensive than the G400 MAX is though

Jorden.

------------------
        Holly Reigns !!
        Love Reigns...
        as does Stupidity Reign (still)

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Or you can wait for the rumored Marvel G400. Then you get al the goodies in one package. Of course it won't be out any time soon and it will cost quite a bit, but it will be able to do everything you want it to (except wash your dirty laundry).

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 540, 256 MB SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB HDD, 6x DVD w/ decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 which will be replaced by a Matrox G400, SB Live!
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks to all those who replied. BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to connect the G400 to both a RealHollywood Plus and a Leadtek WinView 601?

Comment

Came upon a page about the ATI All-in-wonder 128. Is there anyone who owns this card who can give me his/her honest opinion? It has everything I want (on paper): TV-tuner, TV-in/out, more than decent performance in Direct3D and hardware DVD support. What I'm interested in finding out is if the video output is good. Thanks.

Comment

I've setup a few rage 128s in the past - a fine card. Not blisteringly quick on 3d, but not bad at all. Couldn't get it workind at all properly in any Ali chipset mobo, via and intel no problems. The TV-out is pretty nice, and so it the 2d quality. Not quite Matrox standards, but then again, not bad at all.
                I can recommend this card to the general games/work user. Not for heavy gaming though.

Oh, and cool that chip on it!!

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

My PC houses one of these things which seems to affect some people's lives far too much...

Comment

I own a Rage128 based card. The only problem with it is continual driver mayhem from ATI. They'll release a pretty good driver set that lacks a couple key features, and then they'll release a new driver set that introduces those features but also causes your system to become unstable...

There are some people helping with this though. Lightspeed (www.lightspeed2000.com) and Rage Underground (www.rageunderground.com) have better driver sets available.

But the DVD on the AIW128 is unrivaled. If you can wait a month, the AIW128/32 will be out with 32 megs and a better sound and video out chip (Rage Theater instead of Impact2TV).

- Slarty nee Ash nee Gurm

------------------
                  Portions of this message may have been Copyright 1999, Jorden van der Elst. All rights (and lefts) reserved.
                  ------------------------
                  Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

Working...
                  X