Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• videos on the web Q

Hello,

I am trying to put some videos on a web site. They are in Quicktime, about 50 mbs each. I don't think this is very efficient. When I open a page with a video, it starts a long download process. What is the best way to do this? I can use any format supported by MSP 7.

Thanks.

Jon

50 Mb is hellishly big. What are the format and duration of what you wish to do? Remember also that, if your server is slow, the demand to download is high or the nodes around the server are heavily frequented, the speed and integrity of streaming will be even worse. IMHO, it si better to have a small image size that streams within 10 or 15 seconds, than a large one that stops for buffering every few seconds.

I use WMV for my web videos.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
      I use WMV for my web videos.
      Ditto here. WMV9 can deliver very good quality at minimal file sizes. Play with a few of the canned profiles and you'll find something appropriate to your needs.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks, guys. It's a 7 minute video. I'm converting it into a WMV9 file as I write. Looks like it will be about 16 mb when it's done. This is one of several I'm going to put up on the site. This is for my son. He's a visual communications technology major (film minor) and is putting together a web site. One section is going to be short or shortened videos. He wants to use the site to help him get a good internship this summer and employment in another year.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X