eBay madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay madness!

My PSU died so rather than using it as an opportunity to upgrade the PC, I ditched it and bought a laptop. I looked on ebay and quickly realised that I would get more for the PC if I took it to bits and sold them off.

I've just sold an AMD XP 3200+ (400MHz FSB) for £102!!! I can't belive it. I didn't pay that much for it three or four years ago! The Mobo (A7N8x-E) went for £55 and my 9800 for £45.

There really seems to be a demand for this socket A stuff right now.
    I wouldn't have got more than £300 for the PC on ebay, but it bits, I'm going to make more than double! Madness I tell you MADNESS!!!!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Wow, and I sold my 3000+ with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a 6600GT for 200 EUR (without drives and soundcard, and with cheap AsRock mobo though), and thought I got a good deal.

Damn, when is this printing job finished, I need to go to bed, have to get up in 5 hours and hold a presentation.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sold my P4 3.2ghz 1gb ram, g6600 fully loaded for 260eur amd I thought I got my money's worth as well.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Ebay is nuts,
        sometimes I see used stuff go for more than new.
        people are just too lazy to actually get up and shop around
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I think Paddy is right, there's a big demand for Athlon XPs - a lot of people have systems based on them that are perfectly adequate and just need a defunct part replacing. I've encountered this when fixing several socket A systems (and my laptop).
          FT.

Comment

I wish I had more, but I am running out of kit to sell
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My wifes AthlonXP 2400+ rig blew its CPU and there are no working ones available so I bought her an A64 3200+/Gigabyte combo for ~$90. Outdated a bit, yes. Solid, takes her old memory and tons faster than what she had? You betcha. I have transitioned her to 64 bit Linux with an XP dualboot for her Windows-only software.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 January 2007, 15:44.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I just sold my Rebel XT with kit lens, 1GB Sandisk Ultra II and LowePro bag($30 retail) for $500 on eBay. I got the XTi for $593 on Dell's site, so not bad for an upgrade.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The last of my kit has now gone. £720 for the lot. Nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X