Firefox Sucks at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Sucks at...

Google stuff. Google mail (gmail), google spreadsheets, google documents, etc. It frequently won't completely load my spreadsheet or emails. IE doesn't have this issue, while Opera won't render it at all.

I use lots of Google apps with no problems. Do you have some kind of script blocking enabled or something else?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

That's very odd as Google apps tend to work flawlessly in Firefox (hence why Google promotes the use of it).

That said, it does have a nasty habit of becoming flakey with settings and caches.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Also, Opera should do gmail, at least. The others I didn't even know existed.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post

Opera will do everything Google but docs and spreadsheets.

I too have used Google Docs with Firefox without issue. I would look at your Javascript settings.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
            It does do gmail, but not the spreadsheets.

Comment

Javascript settings are fine. Wonder if I have a plugin interfering with things?

Comment

IE7 > all.
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                  IE7 > all.
                  bwahahaha*cough*gag*hack*ahem*
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                    IE7 > all.
                    Lies.

It's not bad though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
                      bwahahaha*cough*gag*hack*ahem*

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Staying away from IE7 at all costs. Every install started up with the "C:\$Securte is corrupt" bulls**t as soon as IE7 was installed and wouldn't quit until it was uninstalled. Back to IE6.x, and it's only used so FF2's IETab extension can use its rendering engine in tabs for those pages that are written for IE only. Think I have 10 or so in my bookmarks.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't visit those sites, simple as that. If they don't want my business, they won't get it.
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's nice. Clearly, your employer does not use IE-specific programming. Mine does.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat View Post
                              That's nice. Clearly, your employer does not use IE-specific programming. Mine does.
                              Exactly. Timesheets and such ONLY work in IE.

Comment

Working...
                              X