X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Wii!

VERY FUN

too bad controllers are sold out everywhere - stuck with just one

Gamecube controllers work great for the Virtual Console games, so far just have Street Fighter 2

Played a lot of Wii sports, also have zelda which I've only played a tiny bit of, pretty fun so far.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

I bought a couple to give as gifts to employees but I haven't been able to pick one up for myself yet.

Tuesday mornings seem to be when they come into stock at Best Buy. I'm hoping to pick one up next week.

I saw a posting on Consumertist.com about a guy who is losing weight only by playing 30 minutes of Wii a day. Now I know why so many Murc'ers are hot for Wii.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Got mine at Toys'R'Us, they got in 21 this morning.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Wow, there's a TRU right across the street from me. I'll check if they have any when I head over to the office in the morning.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Hoping to pick one up when we get our tax refund in.

I know a few places around here have been able to keep them in stock for a few days, but the remotes and even nunchuks are selling out as soon as they restock them.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Sold one on ebay last night for £255

I bought two, sold one initially for £280 and then kept the other to play Zelda. I thought that it was fun, but the whole controller is not responsive enough. The whole 'swing to use your sword' seemed a bit pointless in Zelda. I mean the boss battles used to be hard with frantic button pressing. Now everything is dumbed down to take into account the controller lag. I hope it takes off, but I guess that will depend on the software.

As I had completed Zelda and had no desire to play it again, it seemed silly to keep hold of it when they are still going for stupid money on ebay. If they bring out more software that takes my fancy, I'll pickup another when they are back in stock everywhere.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef View Post
              I saw a posting on Consumertist.com about a guy who is losing weight only by playing 30 minutes of Wii a day. Now I know why so many Murc'ers are hot for Wii.

Hehe so true!

While I'm waiting, the dance mat on the PS2 is pretty good for that
              FT.

Comment

i went to 7 stores today and at one Target I missed getting the last one by the kid and mom waiting to get it before me. Oh well guess I need to wait a little longer.
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

My Wii is bigger than yours, despite the fact that it's white.

Comment

You CAN get them everyday, but it will cost you $500-600 depending on the bundle. You can go to xpbargains.com and clock "wii locater" or go to wii.yahoo.com and click "buyers guide".

BTW, walmart.com gets them in every 20-40 minutes or so. Once again, gotta buy the bundle. I'm going to wait until I can walk into a store and buy one or one of the online retailers start selling non-bundles.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

WooHOO!!!!! On a whim I stopped at the Target near the office on the way to a clients around 4pm today. They had just gotten a surprise shipment a 1 that day of 20 Wii. So I am now a proud owner of a Wii and Zelda. They had only gotten 4 controllers though so I only have the bundled one for the time being...

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

damn you all and your wii! Just kidding man, congrats I'm jealous though...
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Wii stock updates in the UK: http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/
                          FT.

Comment

you know, when my kids gotta wii, they go to the potty room
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
                              you know, when my kids gotta wii, they go to the potty room

and when someone tells a joke that bad and stale we send them to the corner

Comment

Working...
                              X