Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhhh what pins?

Always carrying a camera is a must at my work

Customer tried to change mobo, and since he couldent get the cpu off the heatsink decided to try and press the cpu back into the socket

We asked about it and the customer explained that it had looked that way when he got it back from service from some other firm

My Nexus 5000 psu started to go >pionk< and shutdown when i booted windows, so we loaded it down a bit to see when it failed, it failed at 200w on the 12v rails
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

You call those CPU pins bent? I should have snapped a pic of the CPU out of one of my clients' computer. Same story. Wanted to clean the inside of the system, but instead of just taking an air hose to it he pulled the whole thing apart to clean each individual component. The CPU came off with the heat sink and he tried jamming it back together as a unit. Bent half the pins FLAT against the bottom of the CPU and broke off half a dozen more altogether. Then he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't POST. I quoted him a price for an upgraded system and he took my specs and bought the parts on eBay then brought them to me for assembly. I'm afraid I gouged him a little on the assembly .

Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X