G450 cards from Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 cards from Ebay

I purchased one these cards from Ebay. Is there a way to tell if they are legit? Price seems very cheap for a highly-rated card. Some of the reviews of this card I've seen has a wire coming off the heatsink, I didn't see one the picture below from the auction. Any suggestions, thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATROX-G450-AGP-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the real thing. The ones you saw with wires where pre-production cards, and the wire was a revision incorperated onto the PCB when they went into production.

And as decent a 2D card as it is, it's 3D is not so great, and it is an old card in computer years, so it should be pretty cheap...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. All the reviews I've seen for this card praises its 2D graphics, I use mostly Photoshop so this should be fine.

Comment

If you use CRT monitors then Matrox will give you the absolute best image quality because of their superior RAMDACs.

If you use LCD monitors I don't think that the trade off (lack of HD video acceleration, poor 3D support, etc.) is worth it as the image quality won't be any better.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

CRT's for now. A pair of nice LCD panels (IPS, PVA, MVA) is costly right now, when that time comes, the Matrox P650 or P750 I will pick up.

Comment

Actually I'd say the price is a bit high, on polish auction site (www.allegro.pl) they can be have for the same amount...but in pln, not $ (1$~=3pln)

And BTW, when you'll have LCD panels connecyed via DVI, Matrox P-series cards really won't give you any advantage above Nvidia/ATI offerings...

Comment

Working...
            X