Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a hard drive really sound like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a hard drive really sound like this?

We got in a laptop that was "broken" (yup, some customers thinks that’s a reasonable description of the problem ) and my co-worker turned it on and heard something he first thought was a failing fan.

He removed the hdd to make a backup in case it had to be sent in on warranty and, well just look for yourself
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

That can't be good... perhaps it needs to be defragmented? And by that I mean open it and clean the bits of broken metal out.

Comment

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
      jpi> how are you able to see it?
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
        jpi> how are you able to see it?
        seen her fine.

sounds like a cake mixer
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Sounds more like my moped when one of the piston rings (correct word?) had broken
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

And what brand of cake mixer is this?
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
              And what brand of cake mixer is this?

Not sure, but the next natural thing to do would be.....

How To Fix A Hard Drive

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

It should have a detached platter.
                Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt View Post
                  It should have a detached platter.
                  It's going into the circular archives anyway, so I really don't care How its making the noise
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                  X