Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can you test a web page (online experiment) for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can you test a web page (online experiment) for me?

Hi

I've written a simple experiment that runs in a java applet on a webpage. It runs through various screens where you click yes/no or enter a number in a box and when finished sends the data back to the server. It only takes two minutes to do, absolute tops.

Trouble is I'm finding the data doesn't necessarily get sent back to the server at the end (despite a confirmation in the browser) and I'd like to see who this does/doesn't work for.

If you would be prepared to spend two minutes checking this for me, and have an up to date Java installation, please email me with your browser details and I'll send you the link and instructions.

Many TIAs,

Tony. (asa8 at le dot ac dot uk)
    FT.

Did I mention Free Beer?
    FT.

Comment

email sent
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

mmmmmmmm beeeer.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Just got myself a job as an Estonian border guard
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
            Just got myself a job as an Estonian border guard
            I suspect you are over qualified and I'd think long and hard before taking up the position!
            FT.

Comment

Email sent
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. So far the only problems have been with IE7. IE6, Opera 9.1 and FF2 have been fine.
                FT.

Comment

Email is down atm (scheduled maintenance period) so sorry if some of my replies seem tardy.
                  FT.

Comment

OK, its pretty much finished now, but I still need more stats on browser compatibility.
                    We had about 8 tests yesterday (thanks again everyone) and the majority worked. The only one I'm worried about now is IE7 (quelle surprise!) so I'd still be grateful for any help testing with that.

Cheers,

T.
                    FT.

Comment

Working...
                    X