CES: Professional Version of Ulead DVD MovieFactory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES: Professional Version of Ulead DVD MovieFactory

A complete HD DVD solution for creating and validating HD DVD titles, the Ulead HD DVD Authoring Suite includes Ulead® DVD MovieFactory® Studio Pro Edition, the first DVD authoring software to support burning to HD DVD-R; InterVideo® WinDVD® HD, for smooth, flawless playback of both Standard and Advanced Content (HDi) HD DVD titles; and a professional Muxer for creating HD DVD-compatible titles.
    The Ulead HD DVD Muxer offers versatile, professional authoring capabilities. Adopted by the DVD Forum to develop verification discs, the Muxer supports all functions in the HD DVD specification 1.0 and supplemental specifications, including HD-DVD Standard and Advanced content for picture in picture, multi angles, and seamless playback, as well as sub-video and sub-audio.

How about that?

Maybe I was premature to suspect they might abandon professionals.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Here's another news release about their Blu-ray Disc (BD) support:

Jerry Jones

Comment

I posted on this in October '06

Link....
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I remember when you did.

They took their sweet time making the formal announcement.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Funny it's not yet on the Ulead Web site.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Is this product in effect DVDWS3?

Is DVDW2 at the end of it's life?
            - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

What's happening is twofold;

1. their software has moved to a new comprehensive codebase, the PureHD SDK, that forms the core of both the consumer and pro products. It covers the whole range of features from capture to authoring, encoding to burning and validation.

PureHD includes layers for generating motion menus and subtitles, HD DVD Advanced Content (iHD) authoring support (PiP's, interactivity etc.) and encoding H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2 and DTS-HD, DD+ and MLP.

It's also being used to write the software for creating the HD DVD validation discs and author many of the commercial HD DVD discs on the market.

2. brand name consolidation under the MovieFactory banner.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 January 2007, 04:44.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                Is this product in effect DVDWS3?

1) No
                2) For SD DVD, it still has some legs because it has some of the advanced features for SD DVD (imho). But others are passing it very quickly... (even MovieFactory 5 Plus has a number of features not found in DVDWS 2).

Comment

Originally posted by cDynamics View Post
                  1) No
                  2) For SD DVD, it still has some legs....But others are passing it very quickly...
                  Agreed. DVD Lab in particular is an excellent SD tool.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    Agreed. DVD Lab in particular is an excellent SD tool.

On the PC, DVD LabPRO does offer most of the SD DVD features (if not fully, at least in part -- such as only 4 video angles, or only 8 subtitles).

On another forum, someone asked how to setup a DVD "Quiz" game. I created the following in DLP in just a matter of minutes using its builtin "Quiz" generator (questions were done on-the-fly -- if you look at the questions, you can probably figure out what the original forum was). I did not code for all "exit" points (like menu button during playback, or NEXT button on remote control, etc...).

If you use the navigation arrows on a software dvd player, you can see a score at the end (using the mouse on Question #10 might move the resulting score on the score display -- I just have to code to have a static image).

This link expires in a few days, but you're welcome to try it out:

DVD Quiz Game
                    Last edited by cDynamics; 11 January 2007, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                      I suspect they're reserving the option to release a "DVD Workshop 3" in the future... if... high definition DVD discs truly take off.

The problem is the format war has prevented the high definition DVD market from taking off.

This is just speculation on my part, but I suspect they want a market situation where they can recover their development costs relatively quickly.

In addition, I suspect they're waiting for all of the tiny details of the high definition formats to be completely worked out and agreed to and significant hardware market penetration prior to moving on a DVD Workshop 3 product release.

In the meantime, there's DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition for early adopters.

Seems to make sense.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrold Jones View Post
                        In the meantime, there's DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition for early adopters.
                        I don't think, at least initially, it will be a consumer "retail" package...

Comment

Nor do I. MF Studio Pro looks to be higher end than that.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                          X