Lincoln MKR concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln MKR concept

This and the GM Volt series hybrid have been the hit of the Detroit Auto Show according to a poll in the Detroit News;

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nice but the front grill looks horrible!

Comment

what Elie said.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Holy Crap!

This looks like a grandchild of

I just hope it goes in production.... .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
          Nice but the front grill looks horrible!
          It's a throwback to the grill of the 1936-42 Lincoln Zephyr;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 January 2007, 15:01.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Throwback? Regurgitation, maybe. The only thing that those grills have in common is that they're on the front of the car.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

A "V" central pillar with rounded rectangular grills on either side. Ignore the headlights.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well, its a concept car. I like some of the concepts, but they are a little too exaggerated (ie the grill) - but thats usually how a lot of concept cars are - I think it could turn into a pretty decent looking car when it hits the streets.

Similar grill but toned down a bit could look really good.
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  A "V" central pillar with rounded rectangular grills on either side. Ignore the headlights.
                  The Zephyr's look comes in part from the -_|_- seen from the front, alone with the sweep back from the grill while the center of the hood remains high. Without that, um, W-ish shape, I see no similarity.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                    Well, its a concept car........

If I can recall, Lincoln Mark VIII was a concept car a while back too.... .
                    I'm sure someone will corect me if I'm wrong.

Edit: And the grill? It kind of looks like this: -----> Wouldn't you say?

Last edited by ND66; 10 January 2007, 20:56.

Comment

A lot of the concepts this year are destined for production.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well that sucks.
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Pee-yoo!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                            A lot of the concepts this year are destined for production.
                            I think I would like that.

I really like this car. The grill is ....... the hell with the grill, I really like the car!

Comment

Did some digging.....

Take the grille, for instance. It’s reminiscent of the 1941 Continental, but the MKR takes that theme a step further by bisecting each half with a strip of bodywork in the center.
                              There’s also some 1961 Continental in the simple contours of the MKR’s side profile and the taillight that spans the width of the trunk.
                              There are echoes of the Mark VIII in the shape of the C-pillar.

and yeah baby:

And there’s something to brag about under the hood. The twin-turbo direct-injection V-6 is dressed up and oriented in an obsessively symmetrical fashion in this show-car form. Running on E85 ethanol, it produces 415 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque from a mere 3.5 liters routed to the rear wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission.

Yes, the rear wheels. The MKR is built on a Mustang chassis, stretched 5.8 inches. The strut-front suspension is straight from the Stang, and the multilink independent rear is suspiciously close to what the pony car was rumored to have been endowed with before cost cutting required a solid rear axle.

more specs:

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 4-door sedan

ESTIMATED BASE PRICE: $55,000

ENGINE TYPE: twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
                              Displacement: 213 cu in, 3496cc
                              Power (SAE net): 415 bhp @ 5750 rpm
                              Torque (SAE net): 400 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
                              Wheelbase: 112.9 in
                              Length: 195.7 in
                              Width: 75.4 in
                              Height: 52.7 in
                              Curb weight: 4075 lb

PERFORMANCE (MFR’S EST):
                              Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec

and for my hopes:

Which brings us to the tough question: Will Ford build it?

Lincoln is saying as little as possible on that decision at the moment but does promise that elements like the large double grille will be here in the near future.
                              Make the car and loose the grill! The other way around idiots!

Comment

Working...
                              X