Babel (movie)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babel (movie)?

Has anyone seen it? I just scored tickets to see it on Monday.
    FT.

I've seen it. It's not great but it's watchable.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Just one murcer?
      FT.

Comment

"Babel" quite adequately discribes its jumbled plot
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

hehe. At least it will be a rare evening out.
          FT.

Comment

I thought it was good. Like doc said, covering title, nice inter-weaved stories with quite a lot of characters, so you need to pay attention. No "mouth-to-mouth mambo" in the back-row

Comment

i missed it here a the dubai film festival.... i've been overworked..... *sigh* .... time----time----time------

ho to kill time....

hope they did not think up my idea... i have had a script in writing forthe past 4 years... has to do with the same title....
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I was quite entertained by it. 2hrs 15 is quite long, and the Japanese link was very tenuous, but what I enjoyed the most was the fascinating glimpse in to ways of life that we don't normally see much of.
                FT.

Comment

What I didn't get was why the Japanese girl didn't feel the vibrations from the music in the night club.

I understand that the director was trying to show the difference between what a hearing person and what a deaf person experiences, but I don't think that the difference was genuinely respresented.

I thought that they should have portrayed that with a muted base effect.

Comment

They varied the level of sound when shown from her perspective. Sometimes it was silent, others it was a low rumble with the odd extraneous sound and others were more muffled, like a heavy 'notch' filter. I agree that was confusing. Does her experience vary?
                    FT.

Comment

those scenes where she was naked were uncomfortable. i had to look away. i supposed that's what the director was going for.

Comment

My audience was with you. I was surprised by the detail of the reveal in the J-POP too, for a 15 movie.
                        FT.

Comment

Working...
                        X