Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool! - Corona Beer Freezing Trick.

Cool trick!

This is a pretty cool trick with Corona beer. These guy put it in the freezer but it does not freeze until they tap it against a table and then you can watch it freeze near instantly.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

I know know two beer tricks myself. One is to make the beer disappear. I can also transform beer into urine, but that one takes a little longer to do.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I know a third - making the beer reappear after making it disappear.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Did a lot of that in college
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I mostly turn beer into noxious gasses
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
            I mostly turn beer into noxious gasses
            Corona is particularly good for that.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The opposite is a known problem in microwaves: a liquid gets heated to above boiling point (superheated), but doesn't boil until it is disturbed.
              Fears of superheated water from the microwave have been around since the earliest days of the internet.

It is rare, as usually there are disturbances while the microwave is heating (small vibrations etc).

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                The opposite is a known problem in microwaves: a liquid gets heated to above boiling point (superheated), but doesn't boil until it is disturbed.
                Fears of superheated water from the microwave have been around since the earliest days of the internet.

It is rare, as usually there are disturbances while the microwave is heating (small vibrations etc).

Jörg

Yes it is rare but the Mythbusters demonstrated it with a large-scale microwave that didn't have any vibrations. It's SCARY.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                  Corona is particularly good for that.
                  go have yourself about 6 Sleeman Original Dark
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

We had an ice cream freezer we used to store water bottles while deployed in Iraq. It used to do the same thing with 1L water bottles - you'd pull a bottle of water out only to have it freeze in your hand. pretty amusing.
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

My bro-in-laws Wally and John used to do a similar trick with cans of Coke. They had the timing down perfect to place the cans in the freezer for a set time, then pull it out and crack the tab and have instant Coke slushies.

Tapping the bottles on the table must crack the seal just enough to drop the internal pressure to allow ice formation.

Kevin

Comment

Nah, it's just supercooled. But tapping the bottle causes some of the carbonation to leave the beer, and the CO2 bubbles act as nucleation sites.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                        X