CANON's Junky New DVD Camcorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANON's Junky New DVD Camcorders

Brand new... yet... no microphone inputs on any model!!!

Ripoff, in my opinion.

They should sell these for $50 maximum.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Depends who they're being aimed at.. Mom and pop kids at the picnic or school function I suspect. One of the guys I work with just bought one. Why?? convenience. Just pop the camcorder disk onto his DVD recorder, copy it to the hard disk , edit and then create a perminent record and reuse the camcorder disk again.. I myself will stick with mini DV until the hard disk camcorders have been sorted..
    paulw

Comment

You don't have a sense of proportion, Jerry. DVD camcorders are low-end consumer models, by definition. I don't recollect ANY low-end consumer models with a mike input, of any make. Point and shooters wouldn't know how to use a mike if it bit them on the elbow.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
        You don't have a sense of proportion, Jerry. DVD camcorders are low-end consumer models, by definition. I don't recollect ANY low-end consumer models with a mike input, of any make. Point and shooters wouldn't know how to use a mike if it bit them on the elbow.
        I bought Panasonic's first DVD camcorder model... the VDR-M30.

It had a microphone input.

And most of the PANASONIC DVD camcorder models do have microphone inputs.

The Canon DVD camcorder models don't.

There's no excuse for not including one as they don't raise the cost of the camcorder in any significant way and they allow home videographers to "interview" their family members to create video family histories. It's a valuable consumer feature -- not just a professional feature.

I consider it a disgrace for which there are no excuses.

The CamcorderInfo.Com Web site agrees and they faithfully point to this weakness in all their camcorder reviews.

Jerry Jones
        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X