I feel ashamed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel ashamed..

So my wife and I were watching a game show called 1 vs. 100. Game rules aside, they asked a group of 71 people this question (paraphrased):

How many six-packs of beer would you need to make up the need 99 for the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall?"

And then, to make things worse, they gave these people multiple choice answers:

More than 15
    Exactly 15
    Less than 15

The one - who is trying to make money by answering questions people in the mob (the group that starts at 100) can't answer - can't figure out the answer so she asks the mob. Out of the the 70 people in the mob, only 50 figured out the answer. FIFTY!!!! This is remedial math!!!

I feel so ashamed to be American right now. Granted, there are other cultures that could answer this, but this is America. *sigh*

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I'd feel ashamed to watch a show starring Bob Saget...

Wait, how many six packs WAS it? *snicker*
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Dude, Bob Saget kicks ass. See him in The Aristocrats?

But yeah I admit I've seen a couple episodes and most people have trouble with any math question.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Maybe they all got confused cause the song says "bottles of beer" and when asked how many "six packs" they were all thinking about beer in a can, hence the confusion.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I saw the same show, and was simply amazed that the ones who got it wrong said 'I'm not a beer drinker'
          What does the question have to do with drinking beer?????
          pathetic, just pathetic
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
            Maybe they all got confused cause the song says "bottles of beer" and when asked how many "six packs" they were all thinking about beer in a can, hence the confusion.
            same here. I'd think it's a trick question and the answer is 0, 'cause tins aren't bottles (and putting any tins on the wall leaves less space for the bottles )

Comment

Well, there are sixpaxs of bottles... (quite rare though...I don't remember when I last saw them)

Comment

You can certainly get them here, both bottles and cans, often the same make. Some makes I don't think I've ever seen in cans (e.g., the Mexican Corona and some of the Belgian ones) but, not being a beer drinker, I'm no expert.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

We ONLY have bottles in sixpacks. Like this:

There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yup, here in the States beer bottles come in six-packs.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                    X