Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice deal - 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor

Nice deal.

CHIMEI 221D Silver/Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 330 cd/m2 800:1 - $299.99

HERE:

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

CHIMEI = Chi Mei Optoelectronics = Westinghouse in chain stores.

Saw one of these the other day. Pretty.

IMO like our Westinghouse other monitors its best brightness setting appears to be 0%-20%. Otherwise it'll blow out the back of your eyeballs
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2007, 09:18.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Warning - All 22W monitors use the TN panel and ALL 22W monitor panels are comming from the same panel source - Chi Mei.
      So, they have fast response for games but not the best to use for graphics.

That's why prices are still low on the 22W LCDs right now.
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Stating that CMO 22's are "not the best to use for graphics" is a bit nebulous.

How about specifics because if it has "fast response for games" and their other monitors are certainly good for video and generating graphics for video & 3D here.

I'm wondering what's missing other than a 2000:1 contrast ratio which would cost more than $299 street.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2007, 10:15.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

They aren't using the PVA or sPVA type screens for 22" yet so the colors aren't as good/accurate as on the 21" or 24" pannels.
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

TN is basically ancient technology as far as LCD modules goes. It has fast response, but the viewing angle is awful and it has color inversion at even small off center viewing angles.

CMO makes some other decent lcd modules, but I'd never buy a CMO built monitor... I've seen what their electronics designs are and build quality that goes into the manufacturing.

Comment

Working...
            X