• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft FSB

Has anybody tried this program?In my never
    ending quest to find an easy way to get more
    mileage out of my p2450 and 440bx chipset I
    found this website.I wonder if this program might work for me.I've heard that other similar programs could only increase the bus speed to 80. This one looks like it can go to 133.

http://www.h-oda.com/

Yes, Maggi has tried it, but he's still on vacation for the next week. Ask again in a week's time, I'd guess..
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hey suferpop,

Your still trying to beef up your Dell system. I tried Soft FSB but it didn't support the SE440BX motherboard that we have in our systems...Bummer!!

I finally took the plunge and bought a new case, an ABIT BX6 rev2 and a SB Live value sound card and built a new system. I used the drives from my Dell system. All that cost about $300.00 not including the P3-450 that I had already put in the Dell system.

Paul

------------------
      P3-558(124x4.5), ABIT BX6 r2, 256MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP,SB Live!Value,USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
      and a (Very Messy Desk) ;-P

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Should we tell him how we put that P3-450 in your Dell system, Pauly??
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Was that when I used the Hammer???

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I tried it last week and it worked great. Used it to test my Seimens pc100 and my sons new NEC pc100(he was worried that the NEC wasnt true pc100). I was quite happy that my Seimens was capable of 124Mhz cas2. It is the only piece of my system that beats my sons. I never thought that I'd be in competition with my own kid, but it felt good to see him beg to trade ram.

Comment

Hi Paul,
              I expected as much...they sure make it difficult for us dell owners.
              I've been thinking about doing what
              you've done(your system is looking verrry nice) now all I've got to do
              is find the time, energy and maybe
              a little help.
              Steve

Comment

Siemen's memory has always been good

Comment

Before upping the voltage on my processor, the only way my comp would run stable at 124MHZ FSB was by using softFSB. It is a great utility if your mobo supports it. Of course, now I'm running at a 133MHZ FSB (jumpered), so I don't use softFSB.

-neo

------------------
                  Asus P2B-F, 532MHZ Pentium II (4x133 at 2.4v), Global Win VEK12 hs/fan, 128MB Micron PC133, WD 7200RPM 18Gig, SB AWE 32, Creative DVD 2x, Mitsumi CDR 2x/8x, Sony Trinitron 17", Old Matrox Video Card, and a redhead with a pair of 36Cs (O/Ced to 38Cs)

Comment

Working...
                  X