X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good News (TM) Thread...

Feel free to pitch in...
    FT.

I don't have any good news in particular to announce but one thing for sure is that it's a beautiful day today and I can't complain.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's almost over...

maybe.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I've got a date

things really start to look better after the initial disappointment and bad luck this holiday period

Comment

The good news... Elninio, is here and covering most of southern Ontario and could last until March.

Comment

My mother was really sick, but finally diagnosed (comprehensive staph infection being masked by previous lung problems) It turned out to be non-resistant and she is doing MUCH better. Will come off oxygen today I hope.

The 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid tax credit is official and it's worth $2100 off the top. It's wasn't out when we bought the car so we were gambling on the true cost.

Choochoo is healthy and happy.
            (So are Mommy & Daddy)

I used >80 nylon ties and organized the wiring to the 4 computers in our home office.
            (the Earth was in danger of being eaten by a suddenly sentient copper rats nest in our house)

Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

The good news is ... my wife is not pregnant.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quote of the Day:

"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?"

– Lord Byron

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                  The good news is ... my wife is not pregnant.

Opposite here

Due in the beginning of July.. our first
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                      Opposite here

Due in the beginning of July.. our first

May I be the first to say

Congrats!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Tjalfe: Congrats on the little one...sleep all you can now.

At Work, good progress made with a developer...we have an entire suite of applications running with User Rights only. A Good Thing.
                        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I have a lot to be grateful for:

The lump in my throat is non-cancerous
                          The lump in my 8 month old niece's breast is non-cancerous
                          I have a beautiful 6 month old daughter who is healthy
                          I have a amazing family and friends
                          My animals are wonderful
                          My best friend had a baby boy this morning(Little Jake)
                          I have a roof over my head
                          I have a job that has literally changed my life for the better(Going on 12 years now)
                          I have friends on MURC that I've known for 10 years+ in some cases)
                          I am no longer depressed
                          I woke up this morning

Thanks for starting this thread, I forgot to do my normal gratitude list that I try to do every morning. This gave me the opportunity to make the list after all, so thank you very much FT.

Hugely Grateful,
                          Dave
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Finally working soon...

J1NG

Comment

About 3 weeks ago I co-founded a video game development studio. I'm very excited about the people I've partnered with. We've really built a strong team.

We've applied for seed funding through Telefilm Canada's Great Canadian Video Game competition: link.

We'll know on January 15th if we've been selected to round one of the competiton.

If not, we'll have to scale back our plans and work on games in the "Casual" sector until we get some revenue generated.

I hope to be able to transition my business to full time video game development over approx 2 years. If we get accepted to the contest it will be even sooner.

For the first time in a long time, I'm happy.
                              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                              X