R600 (DX10 ATI card) Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R600 (DX10 ATI card) Benchmarks

Bingung karena NVIDIA GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003? Berikut ini cara paling ampuh untuk mengatasi dan memperbaiki error tersebut.

Basically it performs exactly how you would figure it to, a bit better than the current nv flagship card.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

and here i just installed a brand new x1950xtx card

oh well, i got the card for xna programming, which won't use dx10 for a long while (maybe not until the next xbox comes out).
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Seems the website is down ?
      Edit:
      No....its just slow as hell.
      ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Update:

The Register has a new story;

1. it may have been an AMD leak

2. apparently others have confirmed the stories contents

An alleged specification for AMD's soon-to-be-announced next-generation graphics chip, the ATI R600, has been posted on the web by a site that is said to have admitted it has links with the chip maker.

A covert marketing operation? Possibly, but with the website, Level 505, currently offline, it's hard to test the theory.

Fortunately, other sites have reproduced the details. According to Level 505, according to other sites, the R600 has 64 four-way unified shaders capable of 128 shader operations per cycle. It's a DirectX 10-compatible part - no surprise there - but it's also said to support multi-GPU configurations beyond two and four GPUs.

The chip is said to have a 512-bit memory controller, with the initial version shipping with a 900MHz GDDR 3 memory clock speed. R600 will connect to up to 1GB of video memory.

Past reports on the R600 have alleged the part will ship later this month, a point with which the Level 505 report seems to agree. It also points to a March revision that will see the introduction of GDDR 4 support and the memory clock speed raised to 1.1GHz. That said, recent roadmap leaks have suggested the January launch may not take place after all.

The R600 is said to support the HDCP anti-piracy technology.

Level 505 quoted benchmarks showing an 8-42 per cent performance gain over Nvidia's rival unified shader chip, the GeForce 8800 GTX.

Interestingly, website DailyTech contacted Level 505 before the latter went down and claims it was told "two staff members of ours are directly affiliated with AMD's business [development] division".

The question is, was the information provided with the manufacturer's approval - tacit or otherwise?
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 January 2007, 19:03.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Historically, ATI's and AMD's biggest problems have been with fulfilling market demand.

Their engineering teams develop great products and their marketting teams do a good job of spreading the word/creating a demand.

But then they fall on their face in the supply chain.

nVidia has always been excellent at getting their kit out to market very quickly once it's been announced.

It's gotten so bad that I've seen at least one website (and I think maybe two) claim that they will refuse to publish future reviews of ATI cards unless they know that the cards will be imminently available for widescale distribution.

I sincerely hope they execute this launch more smoothly than others.

Comment

I haven't seen any sites that specifically bitch about one manufacturer or the other, just that they won't review hardware which isn't freely available.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Can't wait till DX10 mobile gpu's. I like desktops but with my lifestyle, I prefer laptops.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                Can't wait till DX10 mobile gpu's. I like desktops but with my lifestyle, I prefer laptops.
                What? You like your pr0n portable??
                RC Agent
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Doesn't DX10 have an RSN feature?
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I was always under the assumption that RSN was only a feature available from Matrox cards.
                    RC Agent
                    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                    AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent View Post
                      I was always under the assumption that RSN was only a feature available from Matrox cards.

Yes, but with Matrox has been known to sell their secrets to MS for cash.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

wtf is RSN?

Comment

It's been so long since we talked about Matrox specs that I had to look it up myself.

Here's an old thread that explains it: link.

Comment

wtf is RSN?
                            Ah! young newbies
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                              Ah! young newbies
                              hehe i was around since that feature was touted... haven't seen it yet

Render Subject Nu*e
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X