Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think should regulate Space ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think should regulate Space ?

Personnally, I sort of follow the Star Trek ideal, that one day we won't be Black, White, Pink, Blue, or Purple, but just Humans, originating from Planet Earth.

Space should be regulated by everyone, with No single country or countries having an imbalanced amount of power.

Guns and weapons will be inevitable, its our nature, but they should be controlled, like everything else we do out side our worldly sphere, by all of us, united.

As Stephen Hawking said (as i remember) Basically, we have a much larger chance of our entire race (humans) being wiped out if we stay only here on Earth.

At least if we had a good Moonbase even, we could have the Space 1999 scenario available (With the funky guitar riff embedded in ROM).

This may never happen, and the consequences are imaginable.

WHat are your stances ?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

all i know is i want to go out there and never come back..... humans... ha... not my species......
    speeking as a dragon of course...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Rrgulation, if any, should come from enforceable international treaties with self defense and private enterprise provisions. Anything else is worthless.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Space should be like the Antarctic: totally demilitarised (defence, as well as offence) and international.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I have a light beam, which we call a... "LASER". It's on the moon.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Space should be MINE. I'll regulate, I'll decide, I'll reap the profits!
            On a more serious note, space could be governed by something, but I know many examples for who it shouldn't be governed by. The U.N, privately owned corporates (Wallmart?), whichever body/thingy governs the internet, etc. etc. etc. Seriously, I'd give space to a bunch of zealots like Greenpeace.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

On a more serious note, I think that we should all start building rockets in our backyards. I mean, whoever gets there first pretty much owns the place, considering how easy it is to defend. It's not like land, where they can just send more troops. They show up to evict you, just shove them really hard and they leave orbit. *snicker*
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                Space should be like the Antarctic: totally demilitarised (defence, as well as offence) and international.
                Ain't gonna happen. The rules should be the same as on the high seas.

As it is now China and Russia have been caught trying to blind our satellites with lasers.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The high seas should be demilitarised, as well

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                    The high seas should be demilitarised, as well
                    the entire planet should be. but i'm not holding my breath.
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I agree, but it would be easier to start with the high seas and space, rather than national entities. My utopian ideal would be total global disarmament, including all offensive/defensive firearms, but I doubt that this will be for this century, short of a miracle.

Comment

how would/could a global disarmament be enforced?

Comment

You'll have to forgive me, but I think we need war. War made us develop arms, that technology was later applied to many other fields including medicine etc.
                          Without war, there'd be no radars, no nuclear energy, no many other things we can't really live so comfortably and well without.

That goes without mentioning defending ourselves from space invaders (aliens, asteroids etc)
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

think about how much money is spent every year globally on weapons. think about the good that money could do if it was spent philanthropically.

and i don't think we need war to be inventive.

my question to brian still remains; if a global ban is put in place on both offensive and defensive weapons, how could/would it be enforced?

Comment

Gort
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X