Spam Email Trackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Email Trackers?

I just updated my email address at my brokerage to a personalized email address (brokerage@mydomain.com) and as soon as I did that I had these two senders send me stuff:

tste@blc-rothschild.com
    uztzn@vnpbtrom.telecom.com.au

How did they react so quickly? How I can prevent this?

Blasting out emails to addresses with various business related words@yourdomain.com. It's a common tactic. Don't use an email address that is such a word. Maybe use a compound word of some sort. It does not have to be grammatically correct. How 'bout moneyloan@yourdomain.com. Or whatever would be appropriate for your business and will still look professional.

Either that or get a spam filter / firewall box for the email server that blocks known spam sending I.P.s.

Comment

Or go Broke.rage@mydomain.com
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The point is that prior to the update I was never spammed at that specific variation. As soon as the brokerage sent me a confirmation that my account had its email updated (email address was in the text), the spammers haven't stopped.

So even if I change it to broke.rage@mydomain.com, they'll seemingly intercept it and spam it again.

Comment

Probably they(Your brokerage company) sold your email address to them? It's not uncommon.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
          X