Outlook 2003/XP and Exchange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003/XP and Exchange question

Is it possible in some way to have multiple delivery and sent item locations in Outlook 2003. I used a rule to take care of the Inbox issue and rules for sending copy but do not move emails. Yes it has to be Outlook. If this does not work I will have to resort to having the delivery location be the local Inbox which will keep emails from staying up on the server unless people manually move what they want up there.

I cannot believe I actually found something that Thunderbird can do better than Outlook.

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
    Is it possible in some way to have multiple delivery and sent item locations in Outlook 2003.
    Can you explain a bit more? If I understand you correctly you want to have multiple sent folders?
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Wait, lemme understand. You're using Exchange... but you DON'T want the messages to live on the server? *scratches head*

----------

Anyhow, you'll need to be more specific. What are you trying to accomplish?
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

The exchange was supposed to stay on the server and the pop3 on the client machine all in the same Outlook client.
        Basically mutiple inbox and sent folders based off of which account is in use. This is fully customizable in Thunderbird.

Gave up. It cannot happen. Too many people saying what they want and the way it is going to be who know less than a half of the picture.

I hate these two weeks. This three day weekend:

Stage1
        Involves, by myself, transferring 12 machines from one domain to another, taking the important parts of the profiles with them. (hey did ya know that even though you can take the registry entries that define an Outlook profile from one machine in a domain to another the password does not work in another domain.) (Saturday)

Stage2
        Mapping the permissions and shares from the previous domain controller for various folders and shares, disabling server services, demoting, joining the new domain, recreating the shares and permissions on the new domain. (Sunday)

Stage3
        Reinstalling the mortgage software on the twelve machines and ensuring that all the permissions work out. Keep as many settings as possible. Ensure all the shortcuts to the server still work (The server still has the same name.) Ensure all printers still work. Adjust settings if they do not. Setup JAJC. Double check all Outlook settings. They do not like having to set up Outlook categories for example. (Sunday and Monday)

Intermission
        Create info sheet for people on all changes.

I wish I had a holiday this year.

Stage4
        Bring second domain server down now that I know the transfer worked and join the new domain. Recreate virus scanner server and reattach all client machines. Setup Backups. (Who knows when as it's normal work time again and I have an important Tuesday 10 am meeting which will end up giving me more work.)

Stage5
        Setup exchange accounts on all client machines, transfer the other 12 machines over, . . . . . . . . , . . . . . . . . . , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 31 December 2006, 23:51.

Comment

This is entirely possible. I have, on my laptop, multiple accounts. The POP accounts deliver to a .PST file, the Exchange account is locally cached in an .OST file but lives on the server.

I'm really not sure why you're having trouble with this, the setup was ridiculously straightforward. There's a button on the account setup page to add a delivery location.

*shrug*
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I have multiple delivery locations but when choosing one for one account it changes it for all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
              I have multiple delivery locations but when choosing one for one account it changes it for all accounts.
              Then something is broken. Like I said, my personal mail gets shunted to a .PST, my work mail stays in its .OST where it belongs. It was 100% straightforward, just added both accounts. Worked like a charm. I am not sure what went wrong in your case, but it's not "expected" behavior. I daresay Claymonkey has the same setup as me on his lappy, and I know a few people we work with do.

Comment

Working...
              X