Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB or PCI joystick controller

Anybody know of one?

I'm looking to hook up my old Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick to a PC I recently built for home use.

It uses an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, which doesn't have a joystick port.

I googled and found some USB/Joystick adapters but they are for analog joysticks only.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Isn't the sidewinder an analog stick? For joysticks, analog means smooth control while digital mmeans it clicks when you move it, essentially giving you cursor keys with a stick.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The sidewinder series is an Analogue joystick that comunicates with the PC over a digital protocoll through the analogue joystick port.

What you need would be a usb adapter does not emulate a joystick.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

...or just get a new Saitek Joystick
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

maybe an older sb live PCI or even a first gen audigy.. they both have a game port which would work, and should be cheap now
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
            maybe an older sb live PCI or even a first gen audigy.. they both have a game port which would work, and should be cheap now
            The Original Audigy 2 also has the gameport header (needs the extra bracket with the port on)

Sadly the NZ does not and all the others have also dropped it
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

hmm... it doesn't seem like any of the currect SB cards have a joystick port.

I'm pretty happy with the onboard Realtek HD Audio chip that's built into my motherboard anyway. It does what I need.

Any other ideas? Any PCI card that's just a joystick port?

Comment

What about just using any cheap PCI sound card for the game port and continuing to use your onboard sound for audio? That's not at all difficult to set up with preferred devices in "Sounds and Multimedia"

Comment

ok, who makes a pci sound card with joystick port these days?

Comment

probably nobody, unless it is ment as a midi port. I would just install an old SB card, you can always disable the sound parts and use onboard sound, if you want.. no?

edit:
                    I have a SB Live model SB0100 sitting here, unused, if you want it

Comment

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy a new USB joystick
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

USB joysticks are so much better, I always had a hard time acllobrating my old analog joystick, a real pain in the @$$

My Lojitech Extreme 3DPro USB stick kicks, and they are cheap.

Comment

The sidewinder force feedback did not need calibration

Comment

I have some older games that I want to play that are tweaked for this joystick.

Comment

Mechwarrior?

as I said, I have a Soundblaster Live card sitting here, if you want it

Comment

Working...
                              X