The Restoration of Santa & Rudolph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Restoration of Santa & Rudolph

Not sure how much exposure they received outside the US, but I'm sure many of us remember the stop-motion Christmas movie, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". For those that do, the Santa and Rudolph puppets have been fully restored.

More on the restoration backstory here along with an overview and pictures here.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Love those old Christmas animations.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, I love them. Don't get me wrong... but... I do have some problems.

In Rudolph... why don't the reindeer ever fly? I mean, they LEARN how to fly. And at the end, they fly to help pull the sleigh. But they go out searching for Rudolph... on foot. How could a snow monster catch a flying reindeer? And don't get me started on the sequel (Rudolph's Shiny New Year), in which the only thing keeping them from catching the bad evil bird that steals the baby new year... is that the bird can fly and they ... can't? Huh? I mean, in the first one, Rudolph gets TRAPPED on an ice floe. Trapped! He can FLY! He can jump into the god-danged air and just FLY HOME!

*sigh*

And don't get me started on Santa Claus is coming to town. I mean, most of that one was ok. But they make a BIG DEAL about how the Kringles are the "First Toy Makers To The King", right? By ROYAL DECREE? But then somehow a petty local administrator (Burgomeisters were more like local constables) undoes the royal decree? And somehow that local nincompoop has ROYAL SOLDIERS at his disposal? Huh? I'm just not understanding this, I guess. I mean, if that sort of sh1t ACTUALLY went down? The king would just march in, and have the guy put to death. Pretty whacky, if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that a completely snow-locked town that was experiencing perpetual winter ... well, wouldn't they starve?

*sigh*
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Does the term "curmudgeon" mean anything to you?

Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Did that story include Randolf, the brown nosed reindeer?

He could fly just as fast as Rudolf, he just couldn't stop as quick
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post

lmao

Comment

Where's the smiley where you put your hand over your eyes, smile, and shake your head back and forth
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Comment

LMAO!

Oh and Gurm, it's just a movie for entertainment purposes....but you knew that
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                  X