Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step in our evolution?

Just kidding, but this is weird;

LONDON, England (AP) -- A woman with two wombs has given birth to three children in what is believed to be the first case of its kind, a hospital official said Friday.

Hannah Kersey, 23, gave birth to three girls in September, said Richard Dottle, a spokesman for Southmead Hospital in Bristol where the triplets were born. The children spent nine weeks in the hospital but the reason was not disclosed.

The girls -- two identical twins delivered from one womb and a single baby from the other -- were born seven weeks early by Caesarean, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported.

Kersey and her partner, Mick Faulkner, said they were "over the moon" at how healthy and happy the girls were.

"They are three lovely and incredible children, all with very different personalities," the BBC quoted Kersey as saying.

"There haven't been any similar accounts where three healthy babies are born of two wombs," said Yakoub Khalaf, a consulting gynecologist at Guy's and St. Thomas's Hospital.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

He, maybe it is all part of a design?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      He, maybe it is all part of a design?

How'd you know? The voices told me no one else knew!
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        How'd you know? The voices told me no one else knew!

Yes but were they two voices with three ideas?
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

that's evolution? make the hips wider, that's evolution, allows for larger heads/brains (if it really matters...). guess we left the best chance to the marsupials.

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
          X