Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF? - there goes the best part of Matrox Graphics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? - there goes the best part of Matrox Graphics...

The user forum is no longer available.

Happy holidays...

I guess it'll get a bit more crowded here...

Comment

Maybe because there are no Matrox USERS anymore - zing!
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I suppose you didn't noticed how popular Matrox TripleHead2Go actually was. There were many new users at the Matrox forums who wanted to get best out of their TripleHead2Go + NVIDIA (SLI) system...

Besides, a user www.tuxx-home.at helped several Matrox Linux users per day...

Comment

Wow, bad decision imo.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Matrox gives the final *bird* to its users of consumer products!

Comment

The only thing that even remotely makes sense to me is that the owners are preparing to sell the company and they are trying to purge any records of customer complaints that might be uncovered during the due diligence process of a potential purchaser.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Due to my work situation(retired gov. employee and now at home contracting to my old employer ) I turfed my AIW9800PRO in favour of a p750. Dual screen and tv output was the clincher. I had been to the Matrox user forums reading about possible problems that might crop up with this card since I had already returned a defective p650 to a local vendor last fall.

Now I can't even research the card. No archives, nothing. Thanks Matrox. Bozos
                Laurie
                ======

Comment

10 days after my last post and no other responses.

This really surprises me as the Matrox forums were well used. One would have thought people would have searched on "User forum is no longer available" and been here complaining. Not that it would do any good. - Complaining... that is.
                  Laurie
                  ======

Comment

And on our end - not many people look in the Matrox Hardware section anymore.

It is a shame. It is hard to justify a support base when there are fewer and fewer that need support. Matrox needs a boost from a solid mainstream product - then we will see the forums come back.
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                      And on our end - not many people look in the Matrox Hardware section anymore.

It is a shame. It is hard to justify a support base when there are fewer and fewer that need support. Matrox needs a boost from a solid mainstream product - then we will see the forums come back.
                      I thought it was made clear that MGI is not going anywhere near the mainstream market. that's all.
                      /meow
                      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                      Asus Striker ][
                      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Can't belive this, even more appalling is that you can't even view/search the old forums content. There was quite a lot of good info on there about how to get surround gaming working and compatibility issues with older hardware.

Incidentally, I got banned from the forums a couple of years ago for suggesting that matrox upgrade everybody with an origional parhelia to the p8x due to the origional being buggy. I'm the first to admit I lose my rag from time to time but on this occasion I was gobsmacked when I tried to log in and it said the account registered at this email address has been suspended, I was not even kicking a stink up, just pointing out the banding and FAA issues with the first card.
                        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Reminds me on how I read in the forum rules on another site that a few select questions (and or statements) got you instantly banned
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It is also obvious on their revamped website that they have said goodbye to consumers. For every product, you have to select the business in which you intend to use it.

I always dislike being forced to view a subset in any market. If the best product for me is originally aimed at a different market, I would miss out on it if I'm not careful.
                            (most of my hardware is outside the normal market: mainboard + cpu, videocard, storage (scsi + sata raid + fw800), scanner (old agfa pro model), ...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                              It is also obvious on their revamped website that they have said goodbye to consumers. For every product, you have to select the business in which you intend to use it.

I always dislike being forced to view a subset in any market. If the best product for me is originally aimed at a different market, I would miss out on it if I'm not careful.
                              (most of my hardware is outside the normal market: mainboard + cpu, videocard, storage (scsi + sata raid + fw800), scanner (old agfa pro model), ...

Jörg
                              Hi,

Here's just a simple list of Matrox Graphics products:

Put your mouse cursor on top of the links and you should see a (very) short description of the products.
                              Last edited by Mikko; 14 August 2007, 08:06. Reason: Link corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X