stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck!

because of new security measures by the EU all Greek passports expire on the 31st and are replaced by new (microchiped) ones. The greek consulate just told me today they wont be able to have my new passport before the 20th of January (although I did all the paperwork 2 weeks ago)so I'm stuck in London !!!!!

grrrrr

A fellow student of mine is greek and is visiting his relatives ATM - does this mean he can't make it back on time either?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post

A fellow student of mine is greek and is visiting his relatives ATM - does this mean he can't make it back on time either?
      if he had his passport issued in the last 6 months or has an ID card issued after 2001 (one that has latin characters) then he has no problem...

Comment

I wouldn't know, but thanks for the heads-up. Hope this situation resolves quickly for you, and in the meantime - make the best of it. See it as three weeks of holidays forced upon you by fate

Comment

Originally posted by NetSnake View Post
          because of new security measures by the EU all Greek passports expire on the 31st and are replaced by new (microchiped) ones. The greek consulate just told me today they wont be able to have my new passport before the 20th of January (although I did all the paperwork 2 weeks ago)so I'm stuck in London !!!!!

grrrrr
          Stuck in London?
          Stuck in London...
          Stuck in London...

It just sounds so wonderful.

What is the practical downside?
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

I hope NetSnake can enjoy it.

Having lived with London economics for 10 years, I was very grateful to escape!
            FT.

Comment

dont get me wrong, its great here but it was like my last chance to see friends a family (next one is easter). I'm gone be here for 3 years (at least) so you see its not three weeks of holidays cause I work here anyway.

well, I'm gonna do my best to enjoy it that's for sure, but its still a bummer :/

Comment

Why, you can go on holidays in your own flat if you want to. It's not where you go, it's how you feel

I understand it's a bummer, but now with you unable to do what you planned to, you have lots of free time, I suspect, so buy very bright lamps and a plastic palm, put on the sunglasses and mix yourself a nice drink and enjoy your holidays at home

Comment

You need a passport to travel in the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram View Post
                    You need a passport to travel in the EU?

or a recent ID card. mine is 16 years old and its in Greek only. so not valid in other EU countries

anyway, I was just invited to a new years eve party, now i only have to figure out what to do for Christmas

Comment

Working...
                    X