Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My resignation arrives tomorrow at work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My resignation arrives tomorrow at work.

I have finally decided to resign from my current post, since I can't hack my Boss.

Basically, what i've told them is:

I don't want to work for X anymore.
    I don't want to work in the same company as X.
    I don't want to work for the people that protect X (in the workplace).

I have two months notice, which i confirmed today.

As of 1st January 2007.

Jez
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Best wishes
    Hope all works out in your favour.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Good luck.
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I have no worries about finding work.
        I used to wash dishes for up to 800 people every day, and that was hard work.

My interests are very wide in spectrum, and when i sink my teeth into something, there is nothing i can't do.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

^^
          ... apart from work for X eh?

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
            I don't want to work for the people that protect X (in the workplace).

sounds really familiar for some reason.
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][
            8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
            Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
              Very familar issue

I got sick of working for a nub so decided to hand in my resignation, rather then have me leave the firm decided to move me into my own department and bump me up the tree, so far it is working ok, hope everything goes well for you, good luck.

Comment

Good luck E.

I'll also soon be telling my boss to stick it
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

In 1974, my X accused me of lying (which I wasn't), after working with him for 10 years. In a fit of pique, I slammed the door on him. He was the owner of the company and I was technical director. My two fellow-directors tried to persuade me to withdraw my resignation and I said I would do so only on condition that I received an apology. This was not forthcoming. The following morning, I took the first steps towards founding my own company, which I liquidated 26 years later!
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Good luck.

I'm kinda tempted myself, but its too much of a cushy number to throw away while my family are young.
                    FT.

Comment

Yay, I know.
                      I'm single, no worldly attachments, and am looking to change country.
                      20 years here has been fun, but even though I can seem to fit in, I don't.

I need a full change of life, and i'm finally taking it.

Comment

Good luck you're lucky you can walk out on a job and get another.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Good luck to you!

Andy.
                          Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

All the best, and it couldn't happen any other time of the year eh?

cheers,
                            Elie

Comment

I tried to go with the last round of layoffs in November-December, but I was refused, and it was a collegue who went. I'm happy he got out, he got 9 months salary and a technician course...we joked about it a lot, being in competition to get laid-off.

I just had to wait until he was completely gone, or I would have "saved" him.
                              He left last friday, along with all the others.
                              I only made it to wednesday, and then i just wrote, signed, and sent my resignation.

Comment

Working...
                              X