Opera 9.10 out with phishing protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 9.10 out with phishing protection

Just wanted to let you know. The phishing protection is off by default, can be activated by clicking the question mark in the right corner of the address bar. It only transmits domain and hashed URL information for list lookup, no backtracing is possible (for the privacy concerned among you).

Faster, safer and smarter than default browsers. Fully-featured for privacy, security, and so much more. Get the faster, better Opera browser for free.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Thanks!

Comment

But does it still leak memory like a hooker's sores leak pus?
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I wouldn't know how a hooker's sores leak pus - but I think not. Opera hasn't leaked memory on my machines for a long time; do not mistake the automatic RAM cache using all the memory it can get for a leak. This memory gets freed up when other apps need it. There's just no reason to have one gigabyte of RAM lying around unused.

Comment

I still wonder what are those memory leaks under Opera...it's the only perfectly useable/snappy browser under my usage pattern... (not uncommon to have ~100 tabs opened)

Comment

Start saving a lot of pics and you'll see. They've NEVER fixed them to my knowledge, and have only grudgingly even admitted that they exist.

Steps:

1. Open up a few picture sites in different tabs.

2. Start doing right-click, save as on the pics.

3. Wait.

After a while the system WILL become unusable.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

You could just control-click the pics, or hit ctrl+j and select all the pics and then click save, though

Maybe I'll try doing what you suggested one day, right now I really can't be bothered to.

BTW, Opera runs on the 100$ laptop: http://people.opera.com/howcome/2006/olpc/

Comment

bleh Gurm, I get my p0rn elsewhere

Comment

I haven't noticed any memory leaks using Opera, and I've been using it exclusively for over 3 months now. I refuse to use any other browser.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                  X