Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS3 Beta Preview

Nice quick look at the changes made to Photoshop for its CS3 release:

There's a public beta available if you have a CS2 license for PS (requires free Adobe membership):

Have to say, it looks rather nice and the changes are definitely some I've been waiting for. This is the first 'real' upgrade Photoshop has seen in a long while.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Cool, thanks for the link.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Torrent going at ... damn near the entire speed of my link. W00+ for is0hun+!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

That interface looks like you need a big arse high res widescreen pro monitor to use PS CS3 correctly. That's a monster, but looks very useful. I'll have to try it some day, but I prefer being legit with Pain.net for free at the moment
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well the nice thing is that you can get back to something that resembles the old style interface. Then again, the new way actually works better for me on a small screen (tried it just on my iBook's screen without the external monitor).
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

It's like Office 12. At first I was like "oh this sucks on anything other than a big ol' widescreen" but after I got used to it I'm enjoying it.

Well, I'm enjoying it on FAST computers.

Then again, Photoshop got ridiculously slow around the time they introduced version 6... or was it 5? Somewhere in there the interface just got ridicu-slow even though they hadn't really done any enhancements to the actual functionality...
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
              Somewhere in there the interface just got ridicu-slow even though they hadn't really done any enhancements to the actual functionality...
              Must have swapped to using the bloatwareâ„¢ compiler that Microsoft and Symantec use
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                Then again, Photoshop got ridiculously slow around the time they introduced version 6... or was it 5? Somewhere in there the interface just got ridicu-slow even though they hadn't really done any enhancements to the actual functionality...
                Yeah, but then they fixed most of that for PS7, it was a good bit faster.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                    I prefer being legit with Pain.net for free
                    Took me a while (and a few Googled pages later), but I supppose that should have been paint.net? http://www.getpaint.net for those interested.

I've stayed with PS7 for some time now - will need to check if I will qualify for a student licence with my CCNA course...
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                    X