X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 6.12 available

Link for XP Drivers

New Features

This release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ software suite introduces DirectX video acceleration for CrossFireâ„¢ enabled configurations.
    Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.12

The following section provides a summary of the issues that are resolved in the latest release of Catalyst®. These include:

* Black&White 2: Slow frame rate is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP when setting the graphics to the lowest possible settings. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23714
    * Neverwinter Nights: Enabling super AA and CrossFire within the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game's main menu. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23718
    * Catalyst® Control Center->CrossFire™: Attempting to resume from a standby state no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when using a Radeon® X19x0 CrossFire™ Edition series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23713
    * Catalyst Control Center: Setting the language option to French for the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the text found in Catalyst Control Center being cropped. This issue was known to occur under all supported operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23716
    * Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing choppy. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    * Catalyst Control Center: The translation for Centered Timings is now translated properly for Simplified Chinese. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24337
    * The index in the Catalyst Control Center help no longer contains double entries for various aspects. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24338
    * Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on the CrossFire help no longer results in a page not found error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24339
    * Using the Avivo Video Converter to convert a video file no longer exceeds the 300MB for a VCD encoded file. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24340
    * Catalyst Control Center->Help: Clicking on certain help file links no longer results in the incorrect help file being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24341
    * Catalyst Control Center: The Profile Manager is now translated properly for Italian. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24342
    * Catalyst Control Center: Various options such as Select a Language and Deinterlacing for the Thai language are now translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24343
    * Changing the language to Korean in the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the degree symbol appearing corrupted within the rotation page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24344
    * Catalyst Control Center->Basic View: Selecting Japanese as the language no longer results in various aspects of the Easy Setting Wizard and Setup Display Settings not being translated properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24345
    * Using hotkeys to switch between LCD mode and CRT+LCD mode no longer results in the hotkey function failing when attempting to switch back to LCD mode only. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24288
    * Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing jittery. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719
    * CrossFire: Playing Windows XP games such as Labyrinth or HyperBowl no longer results in display corruption being noticed in the game's menu page. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24335
    * Hardware acceleration no longer becomes disabled when running the HQV benchmark DVD with CrossFire enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24336
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Wonder why it shows the below twice.

*Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD no longer results in the playback appearing choppy. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719

Comment

Still no non-beta Vista drivers? Bah.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well if they say it twice it may be fixed. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fixed they'll brake it again later on. DVD playback isn't very good on ATI cards during the cat 6.xx series.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by agallag View Post
          Still no non-beta Vista drivers? Bah.

They won't release the final version until consumer RTM on 30 Jan more than likely. The built-in drivers are good enough for business use, so they probably see no need to rush out drivers that consumers can't (aren't supposed to) use until 30 Jan.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

these no good?
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Yeah, I know they have newer betas... but I want the final ones, dammit!
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

still on 6.10 (and was late installing that).

i'm not getting the feeling it's worth it to upgrade.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][
                8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by agallag View Post
                  Yeah, I know they have newer betas... but I want the final ones, dammit!
                  Sigh... and those are the exact same as the betas, just that they remove the "beta" from the name
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                    They won't release the final version until consumer RTM on 30 Jan more than likely. The built-in drivers are good enough for business use, so they probably see no need to rush out drivers that consumers can't (aren't supposed to) use until 30 Jan.

This was their official policy with XP, as well. There were perfectly decent betas for most applications, and they twiddled and twiddled with gaming until pretty much the day XP was released.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X