No announcement yet.

How High Definition DOWNLOADS Could Kick "HD DVD" & "Blu-ray Disc" To The Curb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How High Definition DOWNLOADS Could Kick "HD DVD" & "Blu-ray Disc" To The Curb

As it turns out, Xbox Video Marketplace does an outstanding job of delivering great looking video that is almost indistinguishable from HD-DVD.
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

And Roxio (Sonic) spots an opportunity:

Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today announced Roxio Venue, a comprehensive media application that lets consumers select, manage, view, and securely burn entertainment purchased online onto recordable DVDs that play on standard DVD players as well as PCs.
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Downloadable/burnable movies are going to cut into whatever the next physical distribution format is, bigtime.

I would not be investing in Blockbuster either; we've had at least 6 close in our area.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Don't think this will happen, part of the experience when buying a DVD or HD-DVD etc, is that you get to see the menu's, extra content whether it's in a form of a booklet in the case, or in the DVD itself. like directors cut, extra and deleted scenes, trailers etc.

I for example, will never download any movies legally or illegally, I like building a collection, there are many like that as well, so I don't think that aspect will dissapear anytime soon.

Of course, if you are able to download complete ISO's so when you burn, it's identical to what you buy in the stores.
        Also there is the bandwidth limitation, to download a full length HD DVD or even a DVD for that matter is huge, so imagine if everyone starts doing that, I think it will be the biggest mistake ever.

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Working...
        X