Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh... no sleep tonight

Right...

At around 22.00, I heard water dripping noises. Quite fast, I found the source: my main waterline, just BEFORE the master tap.
    Due to the rental system, the water company can't help: I need to contact the building's syndicate. But they have no emergency number, so I can only reach them at 10.00 !

To give an idea: a large bucket is filled up in about 40 minutes, with a lot of dripping noises. AND THIS IS MY BEDROOM!
    So I guess I won't get any shuteye, both due to the fact that I need to empty the bucket and due to the noise.

Aaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh

Jorg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Water torture! ouch.

Comment

that sucks.
      I guess that means you can't leave the room till the leak is fixed - some time tommoroow
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Try having a newborn. Months and months of sleep deprivation! WEEEE!!! At least you have a good exuse to be groggy.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You can stop the dripping by tying a string around where it's dripping down: the water will run silently down it. Won't help the leak, but it may spare your sanity.

Comment

Yes, I had a construction with one towel wrapped around the leaking pipe, and 2 pieces of string from various sections of the pipe to lead the water in the bucket. But I didn't have enough string to get all the dripping-points...

Furthermore, the leak worsenend to 4 buckets an hour. And replacing buckets while making sure all the strings are in the buckets was also difficult.

The plumber came yesterday morning, he wrapped some tape around it to try and slow the leak down (and to prevent the pipe from bursting), and also figured out what equipment would be needed. Chances were they had remove part of the cabine built around it (for room), they had to break into a wall (to get a section of the leaky pipe), possible remove the boiler (space could have been too narrow for their tools to fit).

In the afternoon, a team came to replace the pipe. Luckily, the guy managed to squeeze himself partly in the cabinet, and the only thing he had to do was break the (plaster) wall slightly to get be able to reach the pipe. He managed to fit his tools inbetween the boiler and the wall.
            (it only took an hour...!)

So this morning I had a good, long sleep....

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Sounds like your first plumber was one of those that never breaths out. You know, you say 'how much' and he says '<sharp intake of breath>'
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                In the afternoon, a team came to replace the pipe. Luckily, the guy managed to squeeze himself partly in the cabinet, and the only thing he had to do was break the (plaster) wall slightly to get be able to reach the pipe. He managed to fit his tools inbetween the boiler and the wall.
                (it only took an hour...!)

So this morning I had a good, long sleep....

Jörg
                That would be nice to have a team come and heal me up that way I could get a good nights sleep. But sounds like it was a real pain in the arse!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                  Sounds like your first plumber was one of those that never breaths out. You know, you say 'how much' and he says '<sharp intake of breath>'
                  Actually, he was the boss of the team in the afternoon. I think he is more the type of guy that wants to be prepared for every worst case scenario, so that when his team comes to the problem scene, they can solve it no matter what.

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Working...
                  X