OK, figure this one out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, figure this one out.

This afternoon (Saturday) I was working around the house minding my own business when the doorbell rings. Lucas answers and comes to tell me there's a guy at the door who wants to buy my old 1987 Plymouth Sundance, which was parked on the street in front of my house. I come upstairs and this dude asks me if I want to sell the thing. Right out of the blue. I tell him "$100 and it's yours." He leaves and comes back 20 minutes later with five 20-dollar bills (NOT xeroxed--I checked). He didn't even test-drive the thing. Otherwise he would have found out about the bad brakes and leaky power steering. He took the title and drove it away and I pocketed the cash and that (SO far!) was the end of it.

I assume he must have wanted a beater for around-town driving or hunting or fishing or something disposable for a drug run or bank job or mob hit or some other nefarious task. DO NOT CARE.

I didn't even have a "for-sale" sign in the window or an ad in the paper or anything. As far as I was concerned the thing's next destination was going to be the junk yard. So what possessed this total stranger to just stop and ask me if I wanted to sell this piece of junk?

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass!

Kevin

Most likely for spares. I knew a guy in Switzerland who had a 25 year old Sunbeam Alpine with a bad bash in the right side (door and front wing), beyond the capability of the best panel beater. He found the same model in a wrecking yard and bought the whole thing for the scrap metal price and got his door and wing. He also swapped the twin Webers because his were out of balance and used a few other parts from time to time. Incidentally, he found out why it ended up at the wrecker's; one of the con rods was poking through the side of the engine!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I think he just needed a car quickly.

(1 love my tablet )
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It was an early Christmas Present

Or he saw that you left your iPod in the back seat.

Comment

Maybe it's better if you don't know why he bought it. If it was a problem car then at least you found a buyer. But I'm thinking he needed the parts and your was the same color as the one he needed parts for. He probably borrowed someones Sundance and busted it up and noticed yours and wanted to buy it pronto for the parts before the other person noticed, who knows.

Yes I spell color without the U and that's the way I like it. :P
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

call it karma.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'm surprised at how fast you could sell a car there, I mean no paperwork involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                And in French, you spell it coler?
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                  Traitor!!
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hahaha! You guys always manage to put a smile on my face.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      I'm surprised at how fast you could sell a car there, I mean no paperwork involved.
                      Possibly.
                      It remains to be seen whether the guy actually changes the title over if the signature wasn't notarized.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
                        Traitor!!
                        Don't you mean traitour?
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

No, that is a traiteur.
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Has to be parts if it wasn't advertised.
                            FT.

Comment

Working...
                            X