Nowâ„¢

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowâ„¢

Got my present a little early from Santa...
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

oooohhhh .... very nice! How does it look?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Nice!

My mom's getting the acer 20" with the reduced resolution (1400 x something) from my dad
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Ummm.....I'm having to replay every game I've ever owned...desktop space aside, these things are REALLY easy on the eye I have yet to discern any ghosting.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Very nice I'm looking forward to next year when I can buy an widescreen LCD.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Just a question:

I tried LCD once and was so miffed at the 18-bit panels that I went back to CRT. Banding everywhere...ugh.
            Is the colour reproduction really that good nowadays on a TFT ?
            I mean, is it equivalent of a mid-range CRT ?

I have been looking for a new screen, and they only do Flatpanels now...I missed the opportunity to get a Mitsubishi 24" CRT a year or so ago...

edit : (not meaning to highjack thread, just asking if you can still blatantly see the difference between a crt and a TFT)
            Last edited by Evildead666; 8 December 2006, 11:18.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Since its a samsung, does it suffer from "Magicbright"? (bright enough to be used as a projector)
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Good question. The Samsung 740B I have at work is set to 25% brightness, and it's still pretty intense.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I believe the Dell I have is made by Samsung, and I have the brightness set to 0.
                  And no sign of banding (unless it's connected to a parhelia )
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
                    I believe the Dell I have is made by Samsung, and I have the brightness set to 0.
                    And no sign of banding (unless it's connected to a parhelia )
                    I've tried several samsungs and I can't stand "magic(supernova)bright"

just for fun I had my shades on and even then it was BRIGHT!!
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Oh yeah, it's bright...really bright. Using the DVI input it is "Hiroshima-bright", the Magitune software is mandatory to tone things down. The analog input is a fair bit less less blinding. The display is fast and has a decently-wide off-axis view (horizontal is excellent, but vertical can be a bit touchy.)

Color reproduction is stunning. HD content was incredibly sharp. With DVD content it is easy to spot flaws in the DVD recording.

There is some backlight leakage around the edges, but it is only noticeable when the monitor is in a "no signal" state. When the display is active, leakage is all but unnoticeable.

The monitor has a main power rocker switch in the back and a momentary on-off switch on the front bezel, which is a nice touch when relocating hardware and the like.

Comment

Working...
                      X