Soon 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon 2

I've never bought a console at launch before, but I was cleaning out the old xbox from under the telly and I seemed to find room for a Wii . I havn't pre-ordered one and a quick look on ebay finds them going for over £300 already!!!!!

I phoned around some of the larger supermarkets before 10am and found that most had people already waiting for the stores to dispense at midnight!!! My local ADSA is your typical 0800-2200 variety and they have somehow managed to secure 10 of them. So I phoned up and asked them to place two behind the counter for me, which they agreed.

I'm not sure what to do now. I might keep one, but I have half a mind to be a ba$tard and sell them on in a week or so's time.

I've not really followed this, but i understand that they come with one controller and the Sports game. What else should i buy - assuming I am keeping one

Evil Paddy's back!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

an extra controller is always good since playing this with someone is a BIG selling point. Game wise i hear Zelda is awesome if originally designed for the GC with the controller bits tacked on. I heare Red Steel is to be avoided due to cliche story and bad aiming control. I'm a HUGE fan of Monkey Ball and Smash Brothers so those should be fun. It's the artist in me but i'm looking forward to the Bob Ross game that is going to come out for it. When I get one I'll be hooking it up to a projector and 'painting' on 100" canvases is very appealing.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Zelda should definetly be your first game to buy, Wii play might be nice because of the included Wii'mote.

Anyways, I've already bought both games, but haven't been able to get my hands on a Wii yet (should get my pre-order next week)
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I was only able to get hold of one console. I've got Wii Play, Sports and Zelda.

My shoulder hurts
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

and my wrist... This thing comes with enough health and saftey warnings mind!

I know I could play with a flick of the wrist (and that is much more responsive), but it is much more fun to act it out

So who thinks the Wii remote is a gimmick and will quickly become a fad, and who thinks that this is the natural evolution in gaming and it will be here to stay? My only concern is that it is not quite responsive enough... I mean, most games get quite frantic and I wonder if this is up to the job?

Comment

I think it's here to stay for 5 years or so, and then Nintendo will come with something totally different...

Maybe Microsoft and Sony will have a Wii'mote-like controller the next generation (although Sony already copied a bit for the PS3).
            Last edited by knirfie; 11 December 2006, 05:07.
            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Managed to secure another wii today. I have seen them sell on ebay for £430! Crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X