wav file problem? please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wav file problem? please help.

ok i have never seen this problem before. i just finished seting up a new pc and the sound card only play's some of the wav files at full volume. others you can barely hear. any one ever run into this problem????

What sound card? What OS? What type of speakers? Did you install the drivers off of the driver CD or from drivers you pulled off the internet? Because if it a new sound card (especially a Sound Blaster) it needs the "sound font" banks to run properly. They will not be included on an internet download because they are 2, 4 and 8 MB in size. If you did install off of the driver CD and are having the problems it could be the speakers or something on the sound card. So tell me what you got and I'll see if I can help.

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

the system is a gateway gp6-350 p2 350

the sound card is a built in creative sound blaster audio pci 64v the drivers are the defualt drivers.

os is win95 osr2

useing 4 meg or 2 meg file = no change

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-27-99).]

Comment

Have you tried these wav's on another computer? What about just a different wav player?
        My first hunch is a poorly encoded file, or faulty player, not a HW problem.

Good luck,
        Wombat

------------------
        503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem w/ relatively little pain.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

wombat, you were right. it was a problem with active movie (dam ms software programers) anyway i fixed it by changeing the file extention accosiation. media player seems to have no problems handleing any of the wav files.

thanks

------------------
            i don't know what im going to bitch about now that the avp patch is out.
            p2 350 at 450, 196 meg pc100,10gig hard drive,5xdvd cl drive, xitel p. storm sound, 32meg g400 dualhead, acs 400 altec lansing speakers+yamaha rear, ch throttle, ch force fx, ch pedeals, hp laserjet 4, epson 400 color, ctx vl950 main mag dx17t secondary monitors
            other systems k6-2 350 and k6 200.

Comment

Working...
            X