"Dreamgirls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dreamgirls"

Based on the Broadway musical (13 Tony Awards)

Opens: December 15th, 2006

Director/Writer: Bill Condon (Gods & Monsters, Kinsey)

Cast: Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Hudson (American Idol - very good singer), Anika Noni Rose, Danny Glover, Sharon Leal, John Lithgow

Synopsis: based on the 60's Motown group 'The Supremes', but with name changes etc.

EVERYONE says watch out for Jennifer Hudson. While Beyoncé has the lead singer role (equiv. to Diana Ross) Jennifer Hudson (equiv. to Florence Ballard, the original leader of the Supremes) steals the show. Anika Noni Rose plays the equiv. of Mary Wilson.

Foxx plays their manager & Murphy plays a composite headliner that's James Brown, Wilson Pickett and Marvin Gaye all rolled into one.

Multiple Oscar nomination predictions from almost all reviewers; including Condon, Foxx, Knowles, Hudson and Eddie Murphy (!).

The premiere at the Ziegfeld Theater in NYC drew several standing ovations, so things look promising.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 December 2006, 02:21.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I saw the preview for this before Casnio Royale and thought, wow a moive with Eddie Murphy that wont suck! Hes had quite the string of stinkers lately
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Bleck, I'm sick of Beyoncé, other than that it looks ok. I really think she should stay away from acting.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
      X