Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo3 & DVD

Hi Steve,
    Just make sure that busmastering is enabled, and try checking/unchecking the DMA boxes in device manager.

Matt

------------------
    Is this some kind of bust?
    Yes, it's very impressive.

Yeah - I tried that and everything I can think of. I guess I must need software specific to the voodoo3 or something.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Voodoo3 & DVD

I guys,
      I know it's against my religion using a 3dfx card, but I'm having trouble with a V3 trying to play a DVD film - I get a very jerky playback. The G400 and ATI Rage PRO cards play them fine. Any ideas?

The PS is a K6-2 450, 128Mb, TMC SS7 mobo (MVP3), Voodoo3 3000 AGP. blah blah.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------

Comment

might be of use: try to disable PCI steering; but be warned that unless you are sure that the computer is free of tough IRQ conflicts, turning this off might be wreck havoc.

Comment

Stevie C,

In your V3 box there is a little post card that you can fill out and mail to 3dfx and they will send back some DVD software. Send it out and try their software.

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hi Jammrock - The card's OEM and so I have no offer... any idea what software it is? This will only be for future reference now, as I needed this done like two days ago, and have stuck in a ATi RAGE Fury 16mb with TV-OUT.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------

Comment

Sorry, no idea what software they use. I have not sent out for my DVD software yet. Because you know I need it even though I have a Creative Labs Dxr3 hardware decoder...

Jammrock

------------------
              PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just got an email back from 3dfx - support's not bad, only 1 day wait for response.
                The software is "InterVideo SoftDVD" and only retail boxed V3 owners can have it.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------

Comment

Working...
                X