X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Reported Missing At Keene Farm

http://www.wmur.com/news/10461248/de...s=man&psp=news

Owner Says Heavy Equipment Needed To Haul Bridge Away

KEENE, N.H. -- Police in Keene said Monday that they were trying to piece together how a bridge vanished overnight.

Investigators said that the bridge was on private property and was the only way that owner Kim Parrott could get from her farm to the main road. Parrott said the bridge was worth $2,500.

"When we got here, there was no bridge, and we were surprised," Parrott said.

Four 16-foot pieces of railroad wood used to cross White Brook to the field where Parrott bundles hay. Parrot said she's certain the bridge wasn't washed away because she has seen no signs of debris along the twists and turns of the brook.

Police are investigating the theft as a felony crime.

"If it didn't float away, somebody took it away, and that's the assumption we're going on now," Sgt. Brian Costa said.

Parrott said she hadn't used the bridge in weeks, and it's possible someone thought the bridge was abandoned. But she said taking it would not have been an easy task.

"It's a very heavy section," she said. "They would have had to have some very heavy equipment.

"Parrott speculated that anyone interested in the bridge might have taken it to build a snowmobile bridge.

Neighbors told Parrot that the gate that leads to the bridge was unlocked for about a week. Police said it would have taken at least a couple of hours to haul the wood away.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Only a coupla days ago, Sasq said he had a bridge for sale. How much did you get for it?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
      Only a coupla days ago, Sasq said he had a bridge for sale. How much did you get for it?
      aprox 2500$?
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Maybe someone said, "I have a bridge to sell you." and someone else took them up on the offer.

D'oh, for some reason I didn't see the replies! Brian already made my joke.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Better than whats going on around here.

Because of the high prices for scrap copper & aluminum thefts of same are way up. Gangs of thieves are stripping siding from houses, stealing the water pumps used to drain roads under bridges and even the statuary in public parks.

They hit & run so fast by the time the cops respond it's over & they're gone.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah, my building even had a 20' section of 2" copper piping cut from the exterior.

There's also problems with people stealing manhole covers.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sounds like the people stealing copper off the power and telephone lines around here.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Its happening more and more with railway signalling cabling here too.

BTW, I think Dan tried to diddle me with inflated postage costs, so the deal fell through.
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X