Yeccchhhh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeccchhhh....

*^(#!@$ double-barreled Howitzer stomach flu.

NOT the strain we got shots for

Margie Friday.

Erik Saturday.

Me today.

They're still rehydrating.

Somebody shoot me
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 December 2006, 12:44.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Oh shit (pun intended)

Comment

This is why I usually don't bother getting flu shots. Every time I have in the past, I end up getting some strain that isn't covered. Whenever I don't get the shots, I seem to miss out on the icky fun.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Same here. I'll end up getting sick, but from the common cold or something less disruptive to my system and life than a flu. Actually got a flu shot last year and it wasn't a fun time afterwards, and all, of course, due to a non-covered strain.

I just tend to fare better if I let my system take on whatever I get with a minimum of drugs or inoculations.

We've been fighting off a cold for a few weeks now, which isn't so much fun given I was really sick a few weeks before that for about a month. Yay sinus infections.

Hope you and the fam get to feeling better Doc.
        Last edited by Jessterw; 3 December 2006, 17:41.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Woke up at 2AM with a sore throat. Maybe I got it right as it was coming out, because my symptoms today have been mild. I gargled a few times with Listerine, targeting the point of soreness, then took vitamins and mineral supplements followed by orange/cranberry juice and a whole can of chicken noodle soup, then went back to bed and slept til 2PM. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hate being sick.

Comment

Sorry to hear you got hit by a GI bug. CLosest thing to hell !

Stomach flu isn't covered by the flu shot. Nor is rotavirus ( kids can get a shot ).

nor is Norovirus

Hope you get through it quick.

Comment

Just got over a chain reaction event myself.

Christina came down with Pink Eye 3 weeks ago, with Catherine & Matthew to fallow her almost a week later.
              By the time the Pink Eye was over with, they all had Flu and were coughing their lungs out. That lasted 2 more weeks until they stopped coughing,
              Somewhere in the middle of it, me & my wife, we came down with sinuses infection.
              Myself, few days after done taking the antibiotics for that , my trout started to hurt so bad, I couldn’t swallow anything.
              Today is my first day I could eat a real dinner… .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Pink Eye is evil. We've been lucky in that our kids haven't had it all that much, but I had it bad just over a few years ago. Made all the worse by only having contacts and not a pair of glasses as well as having to get a new driver's license.

Needless to say I endured endless inquiries into whether it was a black eye and I was out of commission from work for a bit.
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  *^(#!@$ double-barreled Howitzer stomach flu.

NOT the strain we got shots for

Margie Friday.

Erik Saturday.

Me today.

They're still rehydrating.

Somebody shoot me
                  You're starting early this year Doc, at least this one only lasts a day this time.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn View Post
                    Woke up at 2AM with a sore throat. Maybe I got it right as it was coming out, because my symptoms today have been mild. I gargled a few times with Listerine, targeting the point of soreness, then took vitamins and mineral supplements followed by orange/cranberry juice and a whole can of chicken noodle soup, then went back to bed and slept til 2PM. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hate being sick.
                    2PM

Comment

Yeah.. good thing it was Sunday.

Proper nutrition and lots of sleep is good for that sort of thing.

Comment

I started Sunday @ 7:00 AM by opening my eyes then .05 seconds later "painting" the wall across the bedroom

I'll spare the other details other than to say things went downhill from there.

Last "upchuck event" was 4:00 PM, after which I started on Pedialyte to get some electrolytes & glucose back into my depleted system.

Before that would have been a waste of Pedialyte

2:00 AM the next day and I've worked my way up to white grapes, crackers & flat ginger ale. Still very weak.

This sux.
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 December 2006, 01:21.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sorry to hear about all your woes. Flu sucks. From all the reports I've ever heard I've no intention of getting a flu shot ever.

For us at work the worst time is usually October, we call it 'Freshers Flu' when all the new students kindly share their brand new germs with us...
                          FT.

Comment

Working...
                          X