Win2K question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K question

I was wondering if any of you, who have W2K, know how to disable the preview when you exploring in my computer. For example, when you select an MP3, it plays it in mediaplayer on the sidebar. I have tried associating the mp3's with winamp instead of media player, but it doesn't work. It gets real annoying when I am trying to drag and drop MP3's, I get a preview of every song. TIA.

Matt

In folder options choose 'Use Windows classic folders'.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Hunsow, But I was wondering how to disable it for the MP3's only, I like the preview for my jpg, gif, bmp, etc. files, just not the mp3's. I was wondering if there was a way to chose which ones are previewed. I already knew how to disable it altogether.

Matt

------------------
      Is this some kind of bust?
      Yes, it's very impressive.

Comment

Delete mp3 in the file types.

Comment

I already went into the registry and deleted all references to mp3's, but I will try deleting it from the file types altogether.

Comment

No, that doesn't work, either.

Matt

------------------

Comment

Okay, I figured it out, after learning that folder preferences are contained in Folder.HTT files.
              To fix this, I had to go into C:\WINNT\WEB\ and open Folder.HTT with notepad, I then found where it has MediaPlayer in the file, and found where it says "autorun="True"", I changed it to false, and saved the file, now when I select an MP3 file, it puts MediaPlayer in the sidebar, but does not play the file. If you want to preview the file, all you have to do is hit play on the media player in the sidebar, or click the file, and, in my case, WinAmp opens it up. Whew...my sanity is saved!!! Thank you for your replies, Hunsow, it is much appreciated.

Matt

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X