Tag based, php photo album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag based, php photo album?

Anyone know of a photo album generator that is tag based?

I want to upload photos, give them tags and then have the software create the albums based on what a user is searching for.

Captions and other standard photo album stuff would be nice as well.

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

I've been looking at and experimenting with PHP-based photo albums for a long time and I've yet to see one that does what you're wanting. Flickr would be the closest overall, but it's obviously not what you're looking for.

ZenPhoto has plans for something along the lines of dynamic albums based on tags, it's still a long way off in getting that implemented.

If you happen to find something, I'd like to hear about it.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Check this out:
      Manage your photo library with Piwigo! Free and open source software to organize and share your photos and digital media on the web.

I'm very impressed by the demo. I'll let you know how easy it is to setup once I get going on it.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

After my quick setup and test pictures.

Pros:
        * Easy to install and setup
        * Virtual categories
        * Tag cloud (shows most used tags)
        * Gallery based on multiple tags (ie user selects three tags: Beer+Friends+2006, gallery is images with all three)
        * User groups

Cons:
        * User management could use work.
        * Turning off the anyone can register feature means editing the stylesheet to hide that icon.
        * Doesn't seem to be a way to quickly tag images. Have to do each one individually.

Comment

post++

The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.

I got more pictures then my test thing uploaded. Pics are tagged. Works really well.

If there was a way to quickly tag images and do mass tagging, then this software would be great.

Comment

Working...
          X