Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveSync over bluetooth...

Hello,

I'm trying to configure ActiveSync (between a laptop with Widcomm 3.x and a Windows Mobile 5 with MS bluetooth). I have created a serial port (com 4), and the ActiveSync is configured to use this port.
    When I choose 'connect' on the WM5 device, it says there is no device listening in for ActiveSync connections; it then asks me to look for devices. When I select my computer, it starts looking for services, and on the PC the bluetooth stack says the device is successfully connected to the ActiveSync service!

The ActiveSync software on the PC doesn't see this though, nor does the WM5 device. So the synchronization fails.

Synchronizing over USB works, but I want to use it over bluetooth...

Any suggestions?
    (I'm close to reinstalling everything on my PC.... )

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Not quite sure how I did it, but it appears to work now. Here is the stuff I did:

1. reinstall widcomm drivers (don't think this made a difference)
    2. deleted the "ActiveSync on COM4" in Local Services
    3. added a serial port (COM4) to Local Services

Perhaps it has to do with the ActiveSync being listed in the bluetooth stack, which could prevent passing on the connection to the real ActiveSync application?

Either way, it is solved!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X