Vista Enterprise installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Enterprise installed

I'm on trial, testing it for work, and I wondering how do I enable the 3D look, I got Aero running, tons of eye candy there, but how do I rotate windows left or right?

Thanks!!
    This this is actually cool, running on a laptop to boot!

Cheers,
    Elie

ok I found a tool in the taskbar called "switch between windows" it gives you a 3D preview of all windows open and that's it.

I thought Vita was similar to project looking glass if you recall that.

Anyway, still exploring!

Comment

Out of curiosity, how much ram and what video card/chip do you have? I am looking to purchase a laptop before Vista is fully released so I will have XP and Vista. I'd rather get it with the ability to run Aero Glass if at all possible.

Comment

I have the Thinkpad Lenovo T60, 1GB ram and the ATI X1300 mobility chip. memory usage with only IE 7.0 running as well as Aero is 638MB
        So get a laptop with 2GB ram, and an ATI or Nvidia graphics chip and you'll be fine.

Also make sure the Hard drive is big too, i would say over 100GB easy.

Wide screen LCD would help as well.
        Last edited by Elie; 30 November 2006, 14:47.

Comment

Windows+Tab is the keyboard shortcut for Flip3D. Not quite like looking glass, but still nifty. I've managed to make it my full time OS for two weeks now. No real issues so far. Just waiting for non-beta nForce and Radeon drivers before I throw it on my HTPC as well.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag View Post
            Windows+Tab is the keyboard shortcut for Flip3D. Not quite like looking glass, but still nifty. I've managed to make it my full time OS for two weeks now. No real issues so far. Just waiting for non-beta nForce and Radeon drivers before I throw it on my HTPC as well.
            Beat me to it! Win+Tab, and Ctrl+Win+Tab locks the 3D view in. You can then use left/right arrow keys to flip and space to activate a window.

Full list here:

Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play, and create.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks guys!!
              Some things our admins locked me out of, but will try to work around them

Comment

Working...
              X