No announcement yet.

Why can I open my car further away....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can I open my car further away....

When I use the remote locking how come if I put the key to my head and press the button do I get almost double the range?

Peugeot 406

It's in the head! Well, hollow spaces can act as resonators
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

My guess is it's the microchip that was implanted in your brain at birth. It's probably the old ML-316. It had a known issue with amplifying and feeding back interferance from other RF sources.

Other issues:
      Sporadic violent twitching of the left eye.
      Dental fillings (high-mercury content amalgams) picking up military radio broadcasts.
      Violent cravings for any food containing Olestra.

Unfortunately there's no fix. It's something you'll have to live with.

The other possibility is that your body, which is mostly water and highly conductive, is acting as a natural booster antenna.

Kevin

Comment

Nice theories, Kevin! But actually it's because french automakers have a secret deal with the greys, who supply them with psi technology to power their car remote controls in exchange for being able to brainwash the masses through the arte television programme (which is half french, half german - notice in which countries the majority of automakers are located? Coincidence? I think not!). The psychic waves used by the remote are amplified by your brain's unused psychic lobe. This has the side effect of paralyzing the lobe, allowing the aliens to effectively prevent terrans from discovering their psychic abilities, ensuring the greys' subtle rule over us.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Interesting that you bring that up. The current TX682 chip is rumored to have been reverse engineered from Grey technology in an effort to counter the arte control mechanism. Unfortunately all it does is generate a high level of tolerance for The Wiggles.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
            Unfortunately all it does is generate a high level of tolerance for The Wiggles.

Kevin

The Wiggles are an Australian band that specializes in children's entertainment. The group is internationally noted for its children's albums, videos and television programs. The Wiggles also tour heavily in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

The Wiggles are particularly popular in their native Australia. They are currently the nation's highest-earning entertainers. According to an April 2006 survey published in the Australian media, The Wiggles grossed more in 2005 than AC/DC and Nicole Kidman combined.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Err.

And now for the real reasons

It's likely that there are two reasons.
              First, your head is higher than your midsection, which is where you probably hold the remote most of the time. Getting it above the level of other cars is helpful, and height in general is good for RF transmissions (within reason).

Second, you change the ground plane when you put it against your forehead. This can cause several things to happen, like changing the transmit frequency, changing the radiation pattern, and increasing radiation strength.

At my old company (where we designed radio controls for the photo industry), we decided that RF engineering is actually Voodoo, not science.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff View Post
                When I use the remote locking how come if I put the key to my head and press the button do I get almost double the range?

Peugeot 406
                Someone has been watching old Top Gear re-runs?
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                  It's in the head! Well, hollow spaces can act as resonators
                  I concur.
                  RC Agent
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                  AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

RE: The Wiggles:

From Wiki:

In 2006, [Greg] Page was diagnosed with a non-life-threatening yet chronic illness called orthostatic intolerance or POTS. Although the exact cause of Page's illness is unknown, it has been speculated that his 2005 bout with hernias exacerbated it to the point where it rendered him unable to tour with the Wiggles.

On November 30, 2006, Page announced his retirement from The Wiggles due to the illness. He was succeeded by [understudy Sam] Moran as a full member of the group.
                    To me, The Wiggles always reminded me of a bunch of psychotic Starfleet officers.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X