CAS2 -vs- CAS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS2 -vs- CAS3

Anyone know the real world diff between running CAS2 & CAS3?
    I run my celery 333 @ 500mz and I might be able to go slightly higher but I would probably need to drop back to CAS3.
    Knowlage is power.
    thanks
    chuck

------------------
    (erswhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, 64meg@cas2, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, $15 sound card(!),V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

If you can bump up the speed by going to cas 3 do it. The mhz increase will far outway the memory speed change. I have my p3 450 at 129 mhz fsb (581), memory setting at cas 3 Most memory is rated cas 3 above 112 fsb anyways

Comment

Well, perhaps the best bet would be to do it and try, runs some benchmarks, (agp texturing _should_ indicate a difference). and Let us know.

Bare in mind that the performance will depend on how much further you can clock the FSB running at CAS3 rather than CAS2. so depending on your proc,(and of course any of the other bits and bobs in your comp), it may be better to run with the slower FSB.

[This message has been edited by Colin Morey (edited 07-20-99).]
      You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Well I gave it a go and 500mz is it. Even turbo (522mz) would not go. I suspect that
        the cache on my celery can't go any faster
        as it would not even boot at 2.3 volts.
        Oh well I guess I'll just have to settle for
        500mz out of this $89 processor.
        chuck

------------------
        (erswhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, 64meg@cas2, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, $15 sound card(!),V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

Comment

Working...
        X