New hard drive install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hard drive install question

I'm in the process of getting a 150GB Raptor drive to replace my 75GB Raptor. I'm planning on using Western Digital's tools to copy the old drive onto the new one, but is Windows XP Activation going to rear its ugly head when I goto boot up again? I have a legal copy and the last time I went to reinstall it I had to call MS to get it to work!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Changing just the HD shouldn't trigger a re-activation. I think you have to change at least 2 or 3 components before that happens.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I swapped my CPU the other day and Windows Activation poppped up. Seriously though, windows activation has never been anything but a 5 second step for me. One time I had to actually call them to activate and that was painless as well. What ugly head has activation reared for you folks?
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working for a large company, I've always had access to legal volume licensed versions. No activation for me. Although, Vista changes things a bit, we'll see how it goes.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
        X