Nifty computer upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty computer upgrade!

Found a pretty reasonable upgrade that got me a quite significant performance gain, just give some of these a spin and you'll regret ever having used regular store-bought versions.

hehe

Comment

I found, that with this product, it was easy to obtain an extra 10% when overclocking. Also, reduces system noise due lower parasitic frequency leakage at the power interface.

Excellent find!
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I've just emailed asking about a UK version. I'll let you all know what I hear.

Nice one JPI
        FT.

Comment

I have a slightly used bridge for sale, nice tolls, cash only, small denomination untraceable bills only.

PM me for details
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Funny guys, they have other interesting 'inventions' on their site
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
              I have a slightly used bridge for sale, nice tolls, cash only, small denomination untraceable bills only.

PM me for details
              Can you ship?
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                Can you ship?
                Just be aware that priority mail is not included in the purchase price and will cost extra
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post

PM me for details
                  Funny you should say that, because I, too, have a bridge for sale, about 6 years old only. I can post it to interested parties, only CY£250. It fell out yesterday with two teeth attached.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I've found my soundcard played my mp3s back way better at 24bit 96khz settings with this new Silver Rock Signature Knob that I bought for only USD 500. Heights are much clearer and more defined, while bass has tremendously more control down to .2543 picohertz. This knob opens a soundstage so wide, it provides a rendition so hyper-realistic I was literally getting wet when listening to "singing in the rain".
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

From a german site selling shielded power cables:

Why to use a copper shielded high-quality cable:

At the beginning off a power line is the connection to the source unit and if the source unit is not well connected it could not work satisfactory. The source unit will not edit the signals in a good condition.

This is one site and the other site is the transportation of Power in a well condition. Here it is useful to choice the correct size for the power cable. It is easy to imagination that a “Standard Power Cable” with a conductor size of 0,75mm² will be not the right cable for a high performance Audio unit.

The used power cables have got a copper shield. This copper shield is only connected on the plug site to the grounding conductor. So we make sure that high frequency disturbance will be guided to earth.

It is extremely important that we use a copper shield cable, so a filtered disturbance could not come back via the cable.

Further more is the cupper shield a protection about next to each other running cabels it is prevention against electrical smoke.

Our copper shield Power Cable will revalorize not only your AUDIO unit on the sound site it even looks good.

Improvement of sound:

high sounds become more clear
                      the sound become more dynamics
                      the basses become more deep and more intensive
                      it becomes more easy to follow the development of sound......
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Apparently the Tyan Personal Supercomputer KvH linked to uses these. Without them you only get 35.2 Gigaflops.
                        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                          I've found my soundcard played my mp3s back way better at 24bit 96khz settings with this new Silver Rock Signature Knob that I bought for only USD 500. Heights are much clearer and more defined, while bass has tremendously more control down to .2543 picohertz. This knob opens a soundstage so wide, it provides a rendition so hyper-realistic I was literally getting wet when listening to "singing in the rain".
                          I have seen those before and wondered if they really sell any given that they look like something I would have made in Junior High shop class.
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Bah! You think these triffles are the pinnacle of silliness? You ain't seen nothing yet!

Anyone with electronics know how see this and says, "oh, a brass potentiometer." Right? Right? Right? But oh no, this is not ordinary pot! This is an Alps Brass RK50. A limited production, high-end audio potentiometer made in Italy. Retail price...? guess, guess...

$1000 USD

Take that!
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It'll be an absolute zero day in Hell before I spend $1k for a stinking POT!!
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X