Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with G400/OpenGL/3D acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with G400/OpenGL/3D acceleration?

Just got my G400 installed today. I note the readme for NT says don't play opengl games under NT. Well, I'm doing CAD, not games, but it's opengl..... and if "3D acceleration" is turned on, NT locks up, either immediately (before rendering) or shortly after. Anybody know what's going on, or a workaround (other than the obvious of turning 3D accel off)?

OTOH, the opengl screensavers work fine.

I'm running at 1800x1440, on a PII/266/128mb.

-Dana

There is always a law against doing anything interesting.

It's probably worth posting this in the Matrox Hardware forum.

What software are you using - we'll see if any of us beta boiz can reproduce it.

Are you sharing any IRQ's? Is your card overheating? (1800x1440 OGL is pushing it a little!)

Cheers,

Steve

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Isn't [b]this]/b] the Hardware Forum?

I'm using Cadkey 98, both with and without the FastSURF (a surface modeling package) addon. With FastSURF it locks up immediately when I try to render (even if I render only a tiny window). Without FastSURF, it doesn't lock up immediately, but it does a few seconds after I start rotating the model.

Don't think there are any IRQ conflicts, and don't think it's a heat issue-- and 1800x1440 shouldn't be all that high for this card.

-Dana

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hours drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

Comment

Oops, just realized what I did..... will repost in the appropriate forum, don't answer here.....

-Dana

"Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!"

Comment

Working...
        X